Irrational fears

happyandbored wrote:
sack of smashed assholes wrote:I use to be afraid mirrors when I was a kid. I was like 7 or 8 when I saw Candyman.

Why? It's your choice whether you say Candyman five times or not. Just don't say it, then no need to be afraid.

but how can you resist saying it?
i did it as a kid, and was certain he was coming to get me.
http://www.soundclick.com/hanabimusic (band)
http://www.myspace.com/iambls (i make beats for that dude)

Irrational fears

BClark wrote:
happyandbored wrote:
sack of smashed assholes wrote:I use to be afraid mirrors when I was a kid. I was like 7 or 8 when I saw Candyman.

Why? It's your choice whether you say Candyman five times or not. Just don't say it, then no need to be afraid.

but how can you resist saying it?
i did it as a kid, and was certain he was coming to get me.

I resisted saying it as a kid, because the idea of having a hook stuck up my groin and pulled up to my neck by some scary bee bloke with a spooky voice did not appeal to me. I avoid meteor crash sites too.

Sure he'll get round to you one day - the film must have upped his workload a bit, long waiting list. He's not Father Christmas you know, can't get everywhere in one night. It's tiring work.
Last edited by happyandbored_Archive on Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Why defend cunts?

Irrational fears

Steve V. wrote:Arcades. I can't go into them. I start sweating and get really uncomfortable. Fucking hate it. Extreme anxiety in arcades.

wow, thats heavy. you're missing out. there is this thing where you can ski. its not real skiing there is no ice but you would be forgiven for mistaking it for real skiing.

Irrational fears

todd_v wrote:The Ocean.
I'll walk on the beach but I will not go in the ocean anymore.
I always feel like it is trying to kill me either by dragging me out with an undertow, pushing me under with waves or by sending some kind of creature to kill me in a terrible way.

cloverfield dude.

Irrational fears

Steve V. wrote:Arcades. I can't go into them. I start sweating and get really uncomfortable. Fucking hate it. Extreme anxiety in arcades.

Holy shit. Ditto. If I spent too much time in one I could feel the electricity in my brain and it freaked my gourd.

Does flying count as irrational? It's supposedly the safest form of travel but I hate the idea of floating 20,000 ft in the air. I used to rock climb and I don't mind being in tall buildings so I don't think it's just a fear of heights. I'd always rather drive if possible.