Veal?

CRAP
Total votes: 7 (58%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 5 (42%)
Total votes: 12

Food: veal

Could someone please explain the actual process of how the calves are treated before they are killed? I have heard differing stories and I am curious (and hope) that some of them were exaggerated.
There are crispy fries waiting to come out of your oven: you just have to make them and put them there.

I'm going to make some very broad genneralizations. People who eat meat like it to be tender. Animals' flesh get's tougher as they move and exercize their muscles. Animals raised for food are kept in cages or pens that keep them from moving enough to develop those muscles and make them tough.

Veal is raised in a pen where the baby cow cannot turn around or move. It never leaves that pen until it is ready to be slaughtered. It is fed intraveneously and is pumped full of anti-biotics because it's conditions make it extremely vulnerable to disease..... Actually none of this is much different than the conditions that any factory farmed animals 'live' in. If you think that any of the things you've heard are exaggerations, it's exactly the opposite. Look into it. Animals raised for food live the most horrendous lives you could imagine, worse actually. And when you eat that stuff, you ingest the suffering.

oooohhh that's gonna cost me a hippy warning, huh?

sorry. n
------
www.thehomerecordingproject.com

Baby cow, baby sheep, baby duck......baby

Where do we stop? We aren't starving, there is no shortage of food (I am talking about developed western society) yet we choose to kill and eat food we have no need to....kanagroo, Ostrich, Horse.....etc.

Veal - Crap (Not crap when still alive)