The Synth-Beatbox Love Thread

thyklopth wrote:
r0ck1r0ck2 wrote:yeeeccchh..

take a rest.

oh right. only a-n-a-l-o-g here. and wire patchbays.

I wouldn't take it personally, r0ck1r0ck2 is hilariously snobby when it comes to keyboards.

I didn't know whether to put this in this thread, the electric piano thread or the cp30 thread, but I scored a yamaha cp 25 last night for peanuts:

maiolo, I know you were talking me out of one of these, but
a) I seriously got it for a couple hundred less than they usually go for (even less than the dude is charging for shipping for one on ebay)
b) Mayfair told me to at least go check it out for the price and see if I dug it.

I dig.

it's fantastic. upon research, the 25's and 35's seem a lot better than the 20's and 30's, as this one is basically an analog synth with a weighted piano controller.

stuff:
It has 4 'sounds' that you can mix and match, the first two are electric piano sounds, the 3rd and 4th are more synth/organ tones. You can run all four simultaneously if you'd like. the electric piano sounds are actually pretty nice.

The keys are velocity sensitive-If you press down the keys very lightly so it doesn't make a sound, it does this really neat, quiet swell after a second. The action on the keys are superb. Not quite a piano, but damn close for not being electromechanical.

the on board tremolo is great, the on board flange is just funny. EQ is nice, too-it can get super bass heavy.

the FM synthesis is real cool. there are two voices that you can sync up or detune from each other for really fat and gnarly sounds, and then you have a selection of four different waveforms to shape the tone of the sound. you lose some polyphony by running it in dual voice mode, but I rarely use more than eight keys at a time. it can also add a 5th, an 8th or a 12th too, with a click of some buttons.

this thing has several dozen different tones I've found, and that's just from this morning.

oh yeah, the back of it is wide enough for another keyboard to stack neatly. I haven't run it through my pedal board yet. I'm assuming that will be fun.

NOT CRAP.
kerble is right.

kerble wrote:
thyklopth wrote:

take a rest.

I wouldn't take it personally, r0ck1r0ck2 is hilariously snobby when it comes to keyboards.

I didn't know whether to put this in this thread, the electric piano thread or the cp30 thread, but I scored a yamaha cp 25 last night for peanuts:

maiolo, I know you were talking me out of one of these, but
a) I seriously got it for a couple hundred less than they usually go for (even less than the dude is charging for shipping for one on ebay)
b) Mayfair told me to at least go check it out for the price and see if I dug it.

I dig.

it's fantastic. upon research, the 25's and 35's seem a lot better than the 20's and 30's, as this one is basically an analog synth with a weighted piano controller.

stuff:
It has 4 'sounds' that you can mix and match, the first two are electric piano sounds, the 3rd and 4th are more synth/organ tones. You can run all four simultaneously if you'd like. the electric piano sounds are actually pretty nice.

The keys are velocity sensitive-If you press down the keys very lightly so it doesn't make a sound, it does this really neat, quiet swell after a second. The action on the keys are superb. Not quite a piano, but damn close for not being electromechanical.

the on board tremolo is great, the on board flange is just funny. EQ is nice, too-it can get super bass heavy.

the FM synthesis is real cool. there are two voices that you can sync up or detune from each other for really fat and gnarly sounds, and then you have a selection of four different waveforms to shape the tone of the sound. you lose some polyphony by running it in dual voice mode, but I rarely use more than eight keys at a time. it can also add a 5th, an 8th or a 12th too, with a click of some buttons.

this thing has several dozen different tones I've found, and that's just from this morning.

oh yeah, the back of it is wide enough for another keyboard to stack neatly. I haven't run it through my pedal board yet. I'm assuming that will be fun.

NOT CRAP.

I had one of those for a while but decided if I was going to lug around something that heavy, it was going to be a Rhodes or Whurlie. I sold it and never bought either piano. Now I have to borrow my friends Nord if I play a show. Electric pianos like that Yamaha are the real reason they make Pods. They can sound good through stupid ass-shaped boxes.

kerble wrote:
thyklopth wrote:

take a rest.

wasn't i the one who posted a photo of an Arion Stereo Chorus.?

i do apologize for the Yeccchh. incident..
that was cheap scotch talking.
i'll look into this wackass korg of witch (sp?)you speak.

i had this yamaha synth/organ/string ensemble.

.the ass wasn't full enough in the butt for me..

but i think you've found a mate kerble..
run it threw your amp/pedal mess.

try to hit it on something to prove its road worthiness.

do let us know.
Last edited by r0ck1r0ck2_Archive on Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.