The Synth-Beatbox Love Thread

r0ck1r0ck2 wrote:lovely! hugs and making up all over the place.

an ex had a Korg M1 that just pissed me off.

here's the 01wfd

i dunno, i can't get behind that kind of board.
looks like a ford taurus.

the workstation/sequencers never did anything for me.

i understand completely.

i bought a korg M1 in the late 80's- it was the first thing that let me create and sequence ideas on the fly. it died a couple of years ago.:cry:

i'll go to the wall for the level of intuitive interplay involved with a workstation like an 01/W. it's all right there- the sound creation, sequencing, processing. that one-stop brain tap is probably the main value
of this board- but there are *many* more. it's not sexy, but trust me- it's one of a kind.

it all really comes down to what kind of machines you cut your teeth on, and how enjoyable the process of extracting interesting sounds on them is for you.

roboton wrote:The AN200 just sucks, but I keep it around because no one else will buy it from me, and I can't pawn it either.

The AN200 rules, because it has a knob for almost everything, and when it has a can of beer poured in it, you don't have to cry... actually I think mine made it through about a keg's worth of beer before it started to make uncontrollable noise.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, I'd trade you a case of beer for that AN200.

OK, I must admit I once collected a few vintage synths. I have no idea where any of them are anymore. I think I sold some of them (No I do not have a drug habit)

Hardwares I've pwnd:
Juno 60
Juno 106
Jupiter 6
MC-202
SH101
TR606
TR505,707
Korg MS10
Akai AX-60
Yamaha DX-7II
Yamaha DX-11

There's more, but I don't care to remember. They're all gone except for the AX-60.
Also, I bought a Nord Lead 1 recently, but never received it. It got stolen off my porch. IF anyone in the Chicago area has one that they got from a crackhead or similarly afflicted person, it's mine pls return it.

I absolutely love the Jupiter 6, Korg MS20, Roland 101 and am loving using the MPC 1000 at the moment with this sweet operating system that lets you do pretty much the same as the newer version.

Drooool......
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” - George Carlin R.I.P