Polvo v. Archers of Loaf?

Polvo
Total votes: 22 (50%)
Archers of Loaf
Total votes: 22 (50%)
Total votes: 44

Either-Or: Polvo vs. Archers of Loaf

Too funny, I just busted out some Archers last week. Good stuff. There's only two ways that I can see Archers being better than Polvo...

#1, timbre of singer's voice. I get it. People complain about Ash's singing, and I get what they're saying. I don't agree, but I get it. I've also heard people talk shit on the Archers vox, as they're more or less purely one-dimensional, that same one sound at all times. It's a great sound. I like them both. But I can understand how people would give the timbre-of-singing title to Archers.

#2, pop appeal. Sure they both get kooky and noisy and weird and blah blah blah. But they also both get a little poppy. But the difference is, Archers is closer to Superchunk, strong pop hooks. Polvo has really subtle pop leanings in some spots, but on the whole, Archers is about a zillion times more of a pop band than Polvo.

So I can see two ways in which the title could go to Archers. But overall songwriting? Get real! Emotional content? Forging an interesting new sound? All these go to Polvo by a landslide, I'd say.

The toughest question might be best use of a slide. And even that one probably goes to Polvo for ...Chandeliers.

Sorry, Archers! I love you! Great music! Gonna put it on right now even. But still, you called it Tree.

Polvo.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album

rzs wrote:
ironyengine wrote:
rzs wrote:Polvo sucks.

And how do you feel about Cocorosie?

Never heard any of their stuff.

Doesn't seem like anything I would like.

Polvo. Easy, easy poll. I find little things every time I listen to their albums. They made the best mini-album ever, too, with This Eclipse.

I heard a cocorosie song today on the radio (first song I've listened to in full) and I thought it was kid's music. My kid liked it. I cannot imagine ever listening to this "music". Anal Ripping Bad.

scott wrote:i'm sure I know people who are in the genius category based on IQ testing. last test I took, I only missed it by a few points.

don't worry, you just made the genius cut-off with the few points you got after voting on this poll. More brazen the comparisons, lesser the points.

scott wrote: But overall songwriting? Get real! Emotional content? Forging an interesting new sound? All these go to Polvo by a landslide, I'd say.

POLVO.
but dont care for shapes leaving D.D.S.R. & no problems with the Archers