stupidest thing a customer ever said to you...

Arson Smith wrote:
iembalm wrote:
Another woman called on Friday, she had ordered on Wednesday with two-day shipping, but after the cut-off time for shipping at a particular warehouse, so her order didn't go out until Thursday and wouldn't get there until Monday. "My mom is leaving the country on Saturday and not she won't have her item in time! Why didn't anyone call me to tell me it would not be shipped out the same day?!?!" I don't think I have to explain why this is ridiculous.

When someone orders an item using "two-day shipping," it is reasonable for them to expect to be told, when placing the order, when it will arrive, if not two days from the order date.

I guess what I've never understood is why companies would set themselves up for that grief in the first place...

Why not just state that it takes up to a full week, and then if the customer receives their item on the 2nd, the 3rd, or even the 4th day, then they can just be pleasantly surprised... Underpromise and Overdeliver.

She ordered online. We do state next to the shipping option "Two Business days" and say that all orders are shipped 1-2 business days from when they are placed. Asses sufficiently covered.

Arson- companies offer expedited shipping because some people need the order in a certain amount of time, and will not order unless they can get it in this time. The charge is more for this faster shipping than for standard shipping, which is stated as 5-10 business days, although it is not normally that long.
"Mostly boring with sporadic moments of terror"

stupidest thing a customer ever said to you...

My favorite ever:

Maybe 6-8 months ago (some time in summer time) I was working at Borders Books with my friend Kyle. It was summer reading list time and parents always wait until the last minute to come in to get the books their kids need. One mother walked up to me and said,

"Ok, I know the name of the book but not the author, could you look it up for me?"

"Yeah sure, what's the name of the book?"

"The Diary of Anne Frank, do you know who wrote it?"

"... yeah ... Anne Frank ..."

"Ohhhhhh, okay."