names that do things

The MayorofRockNRoll wrote:Sigh....my last name is Hunt. No, I'm not, nor do I have any immediate family, named Mike. Thank you for asking.

I had a boss named Bob Peters. So there you go...

One of the former basketball coaches at Fordham was named Michael Hunt. Everyone on the stat bench was instructed never to call him "Mike" because the TV mics were always parked within listening distance.
I make music/I also make pretty pictures

names that do things

STF wrote:There was a politician from Massachusetts named Dick Sweat. No one licks Dick Sweat!

There's a guy at my work named Peter Bals. Some people pronounce it "balls," but I've also heard it rhyme with "pals" or "false."

Haha! I remember this Dick Sweat. It was around '96 when he was running for some office, my friend and I were halfway paying attention to the tv as the news anchor was giving an update on some of the races and he said, "Dick Sweat is trailing." Perfect.

My dad's high school yearbook has a guy in it named Richard Head. And yes, I am told he answered to Dick.

I have a good friend named Marc Hunt. Yeah, not as bad as being named Mike Hunt. But I always say his name like a pirate. "Arrgh, I'm looking fer Marc Hunt."
http://myspace.com/sadlikecrazy

names that do things

There were a couple of kids in the neighborhood I grew up in who used to hang out together named Neil and Bob.

Honestly, if I was named one or the other I simply wouldn't allow myself to keep the company of the other name.

I'd maybe feel bad about it, except they were a couple of dickheads anyway.
You call me a hater like that's a bad thing

Ekkssvvppllott wrote:MayorofRockNRoll is apparently the poor man's thinking man.

names that do things

Okay, these aren't verbs either but they're great and true. Some people I went to high school with:
Richard Shaft
Penny Nichols
Crystal Ware
Miguel Miguel
Growing up, my friend Stan Cocke's mom was named Anita, and my friend Eric Johnson's dad was named Les. Also, here in Asheville, you can get your wheels aligned and balanced by one Red Hickey. I've never seen the man, but I always imagine him in a turtleneck and a big smile. As an aside, I always found it appropriate that Randy Johnson's nickname is "The Big Unit."