Goat on vinyl versus CD

CD sounds a bit dull though it does not take anything away from the songs.

It needs something similar to a rhino remastering process (ex: Television Marquee Moon). Fantastic difference between the 1990 CD & what was released in 2003. Then again,...still,.....a fantastic CD. The brilliant songs more than compensate for whatever minor flaw that uninformed me finds, so no problem.

As the bullet assimilating plump rapper Notorious BIG says at the end of "Juicy" (or start of the song), "it's allllll good, it's alllll good"

Had a copy on vinyl too (ebay), never listened to it..so I don't know.

Goat on vinyl versus CD

GrossOldWig wrote:I don't get why Goat is out of print on vinyl. To me, the high used prices indicate that there is a market for it. I know I would buy a copy in a heartbeat.

Does anyone who knows more about the economics of reissuing records have an explanation for this?

I've mentioned this a thousand times on this board. Ditto for records by The Didjits, Killdozer, and whatever Scratch Acid albums T&G has a right to press. Of those, Goat is the only album that would be a guaranteed seller. Liar and Down constantly move units, and they aren't as substantial or historically significant as Goat. That's actually why I'm sure there's a very good reason Goat is not currently pressed on vinyl - there must be something more relevant than sales potential preventing T&G from re-pressing it. I'm sure they're conscious of it's high demand. T&G knows what it's doing, and if they feel they cannot press Goat on vinyl, they must have a very valid reason.
Mike McGovern

Goat on vinyl versus CD

DregsInTheCrowd wrote:
GrossOldWig wrote:I don't get why Goat is out of print on vinyl. To me, the high used prices indicate that there is a market for it. I know I would buy a copy in a heartbeat.

Does anyone who knows more about the economics of reissuing records have an explanation for this?

I've mentioned this a thousand times on this board. Ditto for records by The Didjits, Killdozer, and whatever Scratch Acid albums T&G has a right to press. Of those, Goat is the only album that would be a guaranteed seller. Liar and Down constantly move units, and they aren't as substantial or historically significant as Goat. That's actually why I'm sure there's a very good reason Goat is not currently pressed on vinyl - there must be something more relevant than sales potential preventing T&G from re-pressing it. I'm sure they're conscious of it's high demand. T&G knows what it's doing, and if they feel they cannot press Goat on vinyl, they must have a very valid reason.

Maybe they've run into a copyright issue with Lil Kim over her new album.