Songs About Famous People

This is an excellent idea for a thread and people are yet to do it justice.

The song 'Mouthbreather' by the Jesus Lizard was written by Steve Albini (I think?) about Britt Walford. It's a true story too.
The song 'Pretty Together' by Sloan was written by Chris Murphy about his faltering relationship with Leslie Feist.

I guess it's pretty obvious that a lot of Neil Young's songs during the Ditch Trilogy were about Carrie Snodgress.

A band recorded a song about me at Electrical Audio. I understand that I am not famous but it is still pretty weird. It wasn't an especially critical song but it's there and it still bugs me when I hear the album it is on. I will not expand on this but you might be able to work it out.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm.

Anal Cunt:
"Hitler Was a Sensitive Man"
"I Went Back in Time and Voted for Hitler"

They probably have more songs about Hitler.
Dr. Geek wrote:I once found a soggy dollar floating in a puddle on the side of the street. I carefully picked it out of the water before it sank to the bottom. It smelled funny after it dried.

Incidentally, 'Doesn't Lenny Live Here Anymore' by Phil Ochs isn't about Lenny Bruce. Common misconception. 'That Was the President' is about Kennedy though. As is 'The Crucifixion'.

The Shellac song 'Canaveral' is also about Kennedy, though indirectly.

I believe 'Mama Gina' is inspired by Bill Hicks, though not explicitly about him.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm.