Barack Obama Shouldn t Run in 08

lemur68 wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:Obama took Vermont, Hillary took Rhode Island.
Texas looks like it may go Obama and Ohio is going Hillary.

Which is curious, because around town I see ten Obama signs/stickers for every Hillary one, although I don't know what it's like in other parts of the state. Plus Gov. Strickland is a Clinton supporter and was even rumored to be a VP candidate, though he's said he doesn't want it.

Obama beat her in Columbus (Franklin County) 57-43
Hillary's closing in on Obama's lead in Texas.
This thing is going through June. I don't think I can stomach it.
spaghetti

murderedman wrote:
lemur68 wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:Obama took Vermont, Hillary took Rhode Island.
Texas looks like it may go Obama and Ohio is going Hillary.

Which is curious, because around town I see ten Obama signs/stickers for every Hillary one, although I don't know what it's like in other parts of the state. Plus Gov. Strickland is a Clinton supporter and was even rumored to be a VP candidate, though he's said he doesn't want it.

Obama beat her in Columbus (Franklin County) 57-43

Then using signage as a gauge, Ron Paul has won Franklin County as well.
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

Is Ohio a state where someone who normally votes Republican can show up on primary day and vote as a Democrat?

I swear to god, if that yuppie cunt ends up the nominee, I'm going to have to throw my television out in order to avoid hearing her speak. I'm not sure if her voice or President Bush's voice is more offensive to my ears.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."

-Gustave Flaubert

Mandroid2.0 wrote:Is Ohio a state where someone who normally votes Republican can show up on primary day and vote as a Democrat?

We have an open primary, but the ballot you choose becomes your party affiliation, something I learned the hard way in 2000 when I became a Republican after voting for McCain against Bush. I can see Republicans voting for Hillary because she's more likely to lose in November (even though there are Obama signs all over Upper Arlington, a burb every bit as conservative as its name sounds), but I don't know if I can see them willing to become Democrats for it. Unless, like me, they don't know they'll switch parties as a result.
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

Mandroid2.0 wrote:I swear to god, if that yuppie cunt ends up the nominee, I'm going to have to throw my television out in order to avoid hearing her speak. I'm not sure if her voice or President Bush's voice is more offensive to my ears.

Was just thinking the same thing. God almighty her voice is like nails on chalkboard, with an added dash of insincerity and bullshit.

I could listen to Obama talk for hours about anything though.

stewie wrote:
Mandroid2.0 wrote:I swear to god, if that yuppie cunt ends up the nominee, I'm going to have to throw my television out in order to avoid hearing her speak. I'm not sure if her voice or President Bush's voice is more offensive to my ears.

Was just thinking the same thing. God almighty her voice is like nails on chalkboard, with an added dash of insincerity and bullshit.

I could listen to Obama talk for hours about anything though.

Thirded.

Is not wanting to see Hillary on a daily basis a valid reason to vote for McCain if she's the nominee?

I can't think of a single issue that would effect me more.

Every time I hear her speak, I imagine her telling me to clean up my room and then giving me a lecture on responsibility. She has severe generic stern mom voice and that certain, "You are going to CLEAN YOUR ROOM NOW, mister, or YOU WILL REGRET IT," cadence to the way she says things. God, it's irritating.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."

-Gustave Flaubert

drew patrick wrote:Democratic Party Machine says, "Barack Obama, meet Under The Bus. That is where we are throwing you."

We'll see. Tonight's results are basically a worst case scenario for keeping Obama out from under said bus.

The numbers in and of themselves give the delegate win and the nomination to Obama (overall in the process).
kerble wrote:Ernest Goes to Jail In Your Ass