Upcoming shows in Chicago

scott wrote:well, when we played Cal's a few days ago, it was a $5 cover. and because the bar is open till 3, he wanted us going on as late as possible, which resulted in start times of something like 1015, 1100, 1145, 1230. he wanted the last band (us) to go on at 1, but you can imagine after driving 6 hours and getting there at 8, we weren't in a hurry to stay as late as possible.

it was a really good time.

you've only got 3 bands, so you're probably looking at like 1030, 1130, and 1230, or something like that?

No kidding? They're charging a cover now? That's rad. I'm also in favor of them starting the show late, as we probably won't get out of Milwaukee until about 6:30.

I'm looking forward getting back to Cal's...the first time we ever played there, a friend of ours was fucking with us during the set, and hopped on Yale's back...Yale fell backward and the beer bottle our friend was holding shattered between the two of them, driving glass into Yale's back and our friend's hand. Lotsa blood. Awesome. Shockingly, the owner said "come back any time."
http://www.ifihadahifi.net
http://www.superstarcastic.com

Marsupialized wrote:Thank you so much for the pounding, it came in handy.

DrAwkward wrote:
scott wrote:well, when we played Cal's a few days ago, it was a $5 cover. and because the bar is open till 3, he wanted us going on as late as possible, which resulted in start times of something like 1015, 1100, 1145, 1230. he wanted the last band (us) to go on at 1, but you can imagine after driving 6 hours and getting there at 8, we weren't in a hurry to stay as late as possible.

it was a really good time.

you've only got 3 bands, so you're probably looking at like 1030, 1130, and 1230, or something like that?

No kidding? They're charging a cover now? That's rad. I'm also in favor of them starting the show late, as we probably won't get out of Milwaukee until about 6:30.

I'm looking forward getting back to Cal's...the first time we ever played there, a friend of ours was fucking with us during the set, and hopped on Yale's back...Yale fell backward and the beer bottle our friend was holding shattered between the two of them, driving glass into Yale's back and our friend's hand. Lotsa blood. Awesome. Shockingly, the owner said "come back any time."

Actally Ben jumped on my back and was on there for a while (hes a little dude, like 100 lbs tops) and I slipped on a beer bottle, while he was up there, which if you watch when I get on stage, I always clear the beer bottles before we start, because of this...

Mom had to pick glass out of my back on mothers day... thanks mom!
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.

Next Friday night:

I hope to see everyone out and ready for a well deserved evening of drinking, camaraderie and good times!
Dylan and his band are sure to be awesome as always, the legendary CC is one of the few 100% N/C PRF rated performers anywhere and BBGS is sure to get people loose and grooving.
Treat yourself nice, come on out. We'll all have a hoot, I promise.
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

DrAwkward wrote:
DrAwkward wrote:Hey!

This Friday, 3/7 at Cal's:

into the light carol anne
IfIHadAHiFi
Let's Get Out of This Terrible Sandwich Shop

Bump!

Hope to see many of you tonight.

thank you to everyone who was that the show, esp to the member of bearclaw who acted as my guitar tec, if we are ever on the Warped tour you have a job...
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.