Dietz Cabinets.

Found the dimensions and am building a 1x12 version (toyota-able) for the little band. I'm kinda excited to see how this goes...It'll sit w/ the port at the side, so the head can rest a little nicer.

I'm also gonna use grill cloth...we'll see how that looks.
No one is paying you to sit on that bed and cry.

Dietz Cabinets.

danmohr wrote:Oh, and now having cut myself open at least half a dozen times on our admittedly badass steel grating, I would suggest folks who value their fingers go another way. Some pro sound companies sell real steel speaker grating that isn't razor sharp; I'd start there... :)

While setting up in front of the Bismarck's cabs, I cut a piece of flesh off the knuckle of my right hand pointer finger just before playing. It didn't hurt, but bled a lot. I had to sop some of the blood up with my setlist before we started, and my pointer and middle finger were covered in blood once our set finished.
Pure L wrote:I get shocked whenever I use my table saw while barefooted.

I Made Out With You Before You Were Cool
Don't Sit On The Pickets

Dietz Cabinets.

tallchris wrote:
danmohr wrote:Oh, and now having cut myself open at least half a dozen times on our admittedly badass steel grating, I would suggest folks who value their fingers go another way. Some pro sound companies sell real steel speaker grating that isn't razor sharp; I'd start there... :)

While setting up in front of the Bismarck's cabs, I cut a piece of flesh off the knuckle of my right hand pointer finger just before playing. It didn't hurt, but bled a lot. I had to sop some of the blood up with my setlist before we started, and my pointer and middle finger were covered in blood once our set finished.

Here I thought you'd been out in the alley trying to earn your red wings. That *was* a bit of a mess.

I think I might see if I can cut a couple of pieces of 1/4" material to wedge in the cab during transit. They're really a hazard but they look so goddamn brutal that I hate to replace them with screen door material or something.

Dan

Dietz Cabinets.

Spotted an older diesel Mesa 1x15" in Portland Or. for $125. The EVM was 60% blown and the cab was beat, but it was the Dietz design for sure. I might go haggle with them, I have two EVM 400's to re-cone, and I am not in the mood to build anymore cabs at this point. What do you think it's worth offering them?

Dietz Cabinets.

thats a early 70's sound city 300+...its a 200 watt slave amplifier...its got 4 kt88's and two big beatiful partridge transformers...partidge choke...point to point turret board construction

just got it off ebay last week...its amazingly loud...dangerously loud

within my price range, its the closest i could come to the power sections of the hiwatt/laney/orange amps i lust for so highly