What is the hardest thing you ve ever done?

Abductor wrote:
itchy mcgoo wrote:
Abductor wrote:I'm the hardest thing your mom has ever done.

The fact that you even got a soft-on for that says a lot about you, y'know.

If I understand your witticism correctly, you seem to hold neither your mother nor your father in very high esteem.

I was totally high when I 'stanley steamed' your mom.
One More in the name of Love

bono wrote:
Abductor wrote:
itchy mcgoo wrote:

If I understand your witticism correctly, you seem to hold neither your mother nor your father in very high esteem.

Paddy, please. My mom was all, "Bone? NO!"

I guess rural living gives one a different perspective. we killed things all the time. and putting down a dog was pretty regular...although always unpleasant. Where I'm from, vets are for livestock. If a dog got bit by something, severely wounded or develops a taste for the neighbors chickens, it was time to walk out to the back 40 with the dog and the deer rifle. Man that sucked.

My mother died of ALS (Lou Gehrigs disease). She slowly, over the course of 3 years, lost function in her limbs, breathing, and speach. it was the most horrible thing i've ever seen. Driving out to the cemetary west of town in my dad's pickup, with her ashes in an urn in my lap...that sucked.
No one is paying you to sit on that bed and cry.

Abductor wrote:
bono wrote:
Abductor wrote:
itchy mcgoo wrote:

Paddy, please. My mom was all, "Bone? NO!"

where the sheets have no staaaaaiiiiiiinnnsssss
One More in the name of Love

Handling Christmas and a horrendous busy season at work immediately after my fiancé broke up with me was tough. I did not handle it too well. I drank too much too frequently for a few months, and generally acted even more a fool than usual. My friends were by and large legends throughout, particularly considering this sudden switch from happy hippy to the miserable, moody adolescent of my student years. Obviously, better we broke up then rather than later, but I took it very badly.

I kept agreeing to take on new work far beyond my capacity, and I ended up regularly working into the wee hours due to this workload and the fact that I perversely pissed around all day until the gun was against my head. However, the sadness accelerated my creeping hatred of the job and how it made me feel. I reached a nadir that June whilst working 70-80 hour weeks on a terrible client, made the deadlines in various pieces, and decided then to start saving faster to do something I enjoy.

The weekend after next, I'm almost certainly going to meet her for the first time since we broke up at an absurdly posh wedding that I am ushering for. I feel quite anxious about this, which is disappointing. I might try to stay off the booze during the day. Wish I could bloody sleep though!

Edit: It goes without saying, having read some of the other entries here, I've been a spoiled child. Take care, all. x
Gib Opi kein Opium, denn Opium bringt Opi um!

About 4 months ago, on Christmas Eve my 12 year old cousin passed away, Curtis was severely handicapped but had the most cheerful and happy personality of anyone I have ever met, without words and only using the 50 signs he knew he could literally have you in stichs, what he lacked in communication skills he made up for in charm and will power. He had under gone over 20 heart surgerys and things were stable and good in his life. His two older brothers were devastated, Bill (14) is kind really emotional kid anyway, and Bill was always Curtis's protector/Teacher/partner in Crime, to say they were close would be a huge understatement. Being at Curtis's funeral and listening to his teachers talk and seeing his friends there was really hard as I know most of them did not understand that they would never see Curtis again...
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.