buy my EGC

scott wrote:holmes,

we're going way off-topic here, but please record a sample of your TB500 direct, with no effects or amp or anything, producing a tone you think I can't copy with that Ibanez. and I'll record myself playing a second guitar part to go with it that has the same tone. It'll be fun. we'll all learn things.

And yes, I think I already wrote something like "or sell it." I don't think anybody should keep an instrument that they don't feel inclined to keep, even bearing in mind that the "oh man, I wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of that rare XYZ" stories seem to outnumber the "oh man I wish I got rid of that rare XYZ a few years ago" stories by what, 10 to 1?

Sell it. If anybody who doesn't dig their guitar/bass/snare gets rid of it, what could be wrong with that? Play the same instrument for 30 years, switch your rig up every 3 months, whatever, right? Fuck if I know. There's gotta be a bunch of folks out there who would be happy with this bass (assuming the electronics were finally put right), the only question is, do any of them have the cash right now. I know I would dig it, but don't have the $.

I'd offer a straight trade for my Marshall Major, but that wouldn't help with that whole new bass thing. I guess I could throw in my Ibanez Soundgear SR-800 for free if that would make the deal?

Scott,
Please,keep the Marshall Major,don't trade it,don't sell it,
or if you need some money sell the Major for what is worth,
a lot of money!!!
In the meanwhile,if you like and if you have time,
try the Major with 2 cabinets of 200 watts each.
For guitar 2 cabinets(4x12")of 200 watts each,
for bass 2 cabinets(2x15"british speakers)200 watts.
The Major have a lot of basses and it's poor on trebles,
but with the above related cabinets and the right equalisation
an EGC guitar will sound awesome;just guitar and amplifier,No pedals.
An EGC bass with the above related cabinet,will sound terrific.
The Marshall Major transformers and kt88 are supremes in power
and .......very difficult to deal with.
Salut a tutt
IsotonaG

buy my EGC

It's a black 78 P-Bass. Pickups started giving me crap when I bought it, so I put the Fender reissue P-Bass 60's things in it. It's way more ballsy. Maple neck. Not sure of the shape though, I'll look into it. Chrome hardware. Black pick guard. Frets are in pretty good shape. No dead spots. Still have bridge/pickup cover/thumb rest. Original Case in fairly good shape. Body has a few nicks, a thinning of the paint on the body near where my arm rests. I'll try to take some photos tonight.

buy my EGC

busbus wrote:It's a black 78 P-Bass. Pickups started giving me crap when I bought it, so I put the Fender reissue P-Bass 60's things in it. It's way more ballsy. Maple neck. Not sure of the shape though, I'll look into it. Chrome hardware. Black pick guard. Frets are in pretty good shape. No dead spots. Still have bridge/pickup cover/thumb rest. Original Case in fairly good shape. Body has a few nicks, a thinning of the paint on the body near where my arm rests. I'll try to take some photos tonight.

fuckin' a. pm'ed.
buy my guitar. now with pictures!

buy my EGC

busbus wrote:Bass in question:

Negotiations are hush hush.

You'd have to be a fool to say no to this bass. I am so fucking envious.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.