Dietz Cabinets.

field wrote:I'm thinking about the 1x12 version of this cab for practice amp possibilities at home for guitar and bass. .

Is the 12" cabinet for bass too? I'd really like to build a 12" thiele cab but specifically voiced for guitar.

Does anybody have plans for such a cab?

Dietz Cabinets.

my 1x12 is for bass. But guitar sounded fine through it. I have powered mine with a Kustom III bass head and a ts50b. both sounded fine, as did my 50 watt guild tube head.

Danmohr has the original EV plans for the 1x10, 1x12, 1x15 and i think 1x18. you could PM him and ask for the dimensions. I used an existing cab as a template...but there is no telling if I was off by 1/4" here or there. It sounds right, so i didn't fuss.
No one is paying you to sit on that bed and cry.

Dietz Cabinets.

EV Builder's Plans - PDFs

The TL806 plans spec the fb as 53Hz with the port cover on, which should be usable for bass guitar. I purchased my lumber the other day, and I'm hoping to use my brother-in-law's tools sometime this weekend to build my box. I modified the dimensions so the overall width is 20.5" with the cabinet on its "side" instead of 17.75" (so my rack/head sits nicely on top). Since I'll have extra room on the baffle with the larger width, I'm hoping to have room for a tweeter on there, but I think I'll save that for the second one I build.

I'd like to know what EV took into account when calculating the depth of these slot vents, because they're a bit different (generally shorter) than what you get from most formulas.

Dietz Cabinets.

sick.bird wrote:dietz 2x15 for $299 BIN here.

Steve over at Heart of Texas told me that this was the best sounding speaker configuration they ever made.
Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is pureley coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. Driver does not carry cash.

Dietz Cabinets.

jmartin7221 wrote:just got my hands on two of the 200 watt evm's. do these work equally as well as the 400 watt versions?

Yep, one of my 2x15s has one of each.
Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is pureley coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. Driver does not carry cash.