TRAYNORetcALERT- The " Look What s on Ebay" Thread

projectMalamute wrote:
dontfeartheringo wrote:I bought a '68 Fender Bandmaster today for $250.

wow

is it totally fucked or did you just get incredibly lucky?

Yes. Both.

It needs new tubes and caps. Don't know if I am going to fuck with fixing the reverb or not. (It's a reverb bandmaster.) I will probably end up dropping two more bills on it, but the guy who does my work is cheap AND conscientious. He's a real prince and an amazing tech.

Also at the same music store was a Bogen Challenger tube Public Address amp. If I am not mistaken, this is a 6L6 amp. [::UPDATE:: I was mistaken, it has 7868 output tubes] I think I am going back for that today. I didn't know it, but when I was talking to my tech, he was telling me that there's a whole guitar cult built around these old mono block tube PA amps.

I bet Scott could tell us more about that. I am hesitant to bring it up here, because I'd hate to blow the secret and suddenly have to start paying premium $$ for what is now sold as scrap and garbage.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE

TRAYNORetcALERT- The " Look What s on Ebay" Thread

I was gonna get this, but I think it's maybe too subtle for what I need it for:

Atlanta Craigslist- Aphex 661 Compressor $275

I think that instead, I am going to get a couple of dbx 160x boxes and an ART Pro VL7 and replace the stock tubes with Mullard tubes.

Then again, the tax check gets here this week, so I might just get the Aphex too, if he still has it.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE