Dead Child

The show was sorta fun. Dead Child was really tight together (but I still couldn't really get into much of the music). Indian I can't bring myself to care about. The most interesting band was Qualms, but that's mostly because they're not a metal band (not to say that they're not cool in and of themselves).

Pajo is a really, really skilled guitarist. No new news there I guess.
kerble wrote:Ernest Goes to Jail In Your Ass

Dead Child

I was at that show the other night, and I was pretty impressed by Dead Child. I have to say that I didn't want to like them very much going into it as it sounded like another ironic metal project - However, they has their shit together and put on a pretty nice set. I would definitely see them again.

Did anyone else notice that Indian seemed like they were waiting on stage for a call to encore? I might have been pretty sauced at that point, but it seemed like there was a really awkward moment where they stood around on stage after their last song with the idea that the crowd was going to inevitably ask them to play more, but the house music eventually took over. Did I misinterpret what was going on?

Dead Child

Hmmm....not sure what I think. I'm trying to let it sink in, but at first blush, I think Early Man does the exact same thing better and that's a moderate compliment at best.

The problem with bands like this is that I listen to a lot of metal bands who aren't dabbling, aren't "rediscovering", and aren't being wry (and I'm not going to pronounce judgement on DC's alleged irony; absent some egregious slap in the face of metal, I think it's impossible to say they're being disingenuous merely because they used to play other kinds of music).

Power metal lives and it's not a renaissance. It never died. I think I'd just rather listen to Alabama Thunderpussy, Three Inches of Blood, Bible of the Devil, Early Man, Valkyrie, Municipal Waste, etc, etc.

I wish I could hear in them what steve is hearing because that's an interesting take on it. I don't know if my failure to do so is because of my ears or because steve just hasn't heard the metal over the past several years that I have because of his own admitted aversion to it.

This is metal for metal dabblers, not metal fans. And that's fine, but I'm definitely one of the latter, not the former.
You had me at Sex Traction Aunts Getting Vodka-Rogered On Glass Furniture

Dead Child

o_d_m wrote:I really like that they tried to do something different with metal.

See, maybe I spoke too soon. Is what they're playing now drastically different than what's on their MySpace page?
You had me at Sex Traction Aunts Getting Vodka-Rogered On Glass Furniture