Stanley Cup playoffs 2008

I'm enjoying the Habs-Boston series immensely, not least because the Canadiens are up 3-1. Most of the offensive lines are sucking (the fuck happened to our power play?) but once Koivu is back Kovalev will light up again. Carey Price is a fucking stone cold killer in goal, and the sudden rise of a young rookie in goal is a held to be a good omen of playoff success in these superstitious parts. Where do they find these kids? 20 years old and the motherfucker just. does. not. blink.

Shame about the Senators but their departure is not a surprise as they've been sucking inexplicably for months now, and the Penguins are a great young team. So fun to watch, these pugnacious and skilled little guys who don't play like dumb assholes.

Other than that, I've only cast an occasional and cursory glance at the Western Conference series. Nashville keeps getting talked up as a good team, playing a creative and fast game, that's stranded hundreds of miles from anyone who could possibly give a shit.

DNA Concept wrote:Shame about the Senators

Shame shmame, the Pens get one for the ring finger this year, possibly smiting the Rock City Red Things which would be satisfying for me. I'm not a bandwagoner, either, I've been a fan since the year they finished a game over .500 and still came in last place in the Patrick Division.
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

stupid senators showed no heart what so ever. although I didn't see a single pittsburgh game, I can pretty much guess that there were loads of questionable calls in the pens favor.

I hate the sidney crosby, malkin, ovechkin hype machine.

They aren't the best players in the game. If there was a draft who would you pick? easily top five:

Brodeur
Lidstrom
Pronger
Nabokov
Lundqvist