Intersound IVP

we just used one on the recording of the new Chrome Robes jernt. we tried a couple different dirt pedals for the bass distortion sound, but weren't getting the sound Matt wanted. fortunately he bought an IVP years ago and brought it to the space. worked out well. we used it for two very different sounds; one was the nominal "more dirty" sound he usually uses a Route66 for (yuck!) when he's playing chords on the bass (i.e. almost always), which the IVP was *much* better for, and the other was the super-distorted sound for the lead he plays in one song that everybody always assumes is the baritone because he plays all the way up the neck on the high strings, which the IVP was *much, MUCH* better for.

personally I wouldn't have given the thing a second thought because it's rather obscure and is a bit of a trademark Steve thing, so I'd just as soon find my own deal, but after working with it in the past few weeks, it seemed pretty flexible as a big honkin rackmount stomp box. I'm sticking with the XXL for the forseeable future, but the IVP struck me as being capable of doing very XXL-like stuff as well as a bunch of other stuff, so it's all good. it seemed noisy and prone to generating feedback, but that was probably just because of how Matt had it dialed in.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album

Intersound IVP

im curious as to how peeps here with IVP's use em in a live sense - i want to run mine as a preamp, obviously, in conjunction with my regular rig - a 71' HIWATT head and cab - should i DI out of the IVP for a completely different sound, or blend with my normal rig, if so, and this may sound dumb, how do i connect it to my HIWATT? thanks.
southpaw

Intersound IVP

i dunno chris. i got mine for 100 bux on ebay a couple years ago. i still see them go for 250 ish on ebay as an average. sometimes as much as 350 depending on how bad that person wants it of course.if you sell yous pm me im up in vancouver and down in sea town pretty often. maybe ill score another if the price is right.
I've got all the natural gas we could ever need