Best Shellac Q & A?

one of the hideout shows

Fan: Why doesn't shellac attract more women to their shows then Rifle Sport?

Steve: We are more painful during intercourse. We had a good number at first and we split the difference...they told their friends and they told their friends....you know how it is.

Best Shellac Q & A?

owen wrote:one of the hideout shows (Saturday night, w/Bear Claw)

Minotaur029: Why doesn't shellac attract more women to their shows than Rifle Sport? (Is that how I phrased it? I was drunk.)

Steve: We're more painful during intercourse. We had a good number at first and we split the difference...they told their friends and they told their friends....you know how it is.

I forgot that Steve said stuff after the "we're more painful during intercourse" part. Tanks for the memories.
kerble wrote:Ernest Goes to Jail In Your Ass

Best Shellac Q & A?

busbus wrote:
burun wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:I see plenty of women at most Shellac shows, they are just all male.

My shitty day was made INSTANTLY better by reading this, and I laughed heartily for a minute.

Salut marsupialized. You should get paid for your contributions to this forum.

I do, don't worry. In many different ways.
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

Best Shellac Q & A?

Adam P wrote:
ironyengine wrote:There was a question at the Cleveland show, right before TG25, that involved industrial shellac or something of that sort. I didn't really hear the question but I vaguely remember Steve saying that it was probably the best they've ever been asked.

I vaguely remember this. This was where the guy was yelling about how he hated Shellac because he worked for Turtle Wax, no? And Todd came out and said "Well I work for Shellac"?

After discussing with my friend, who has killed far fewer brain cells than I:

During the first question set someone asked which was stronger, polyurethane or shellac; someone (else?) screamed that it was "Minwax" or "Midwax" or something, because "I work for Mi_wax!" after which Todd crept up to exclaim "I work for SHELLAC." and gave out his calling card info. This was very funny.

Plus something about hot dog pizza. Bob asks "pizza with hot dog on it?" "No, pizza stuffed in pig intestine". Or something to that effect.

The first of the second set of questions was what Bob thought of the idea of hot dog pizza, and Todd declared this and a racing question the best questions in the history of the band.

Then he offered some douchebag who yelled the requisite "when are you gonna play the next fucking song?" their money back if they walked out the door. "Want your money? Get the fuck out! You're gonna MISS THE CLIMAX!" Also, the band played the first few bars of "La Grange" at one point.

Cleveland was a killer, killer show.
Rick Reuben wrote:You are dumber than week-old donuts.

Best Shellac Q & A?

I remember the few bars of "La Grange", which was prompted, I believe, by someone asking if they still had "the Top tape". Steve also told a really long story in the middle of "Wingwalker", but perhaps he does that frequently.

I saw them in Columbus, OH, at the More Than Music Fest several years back, and I can't recall exactly what the question was, something about downloading music or some other mundane Internet activity, and Steve's response was that the questioner ought to "spend less time on the Internet and more time fucking women." I feel this is sage advice. He also berated someone in the audience for videotaping the set instead of actually watching it.