Speakers for guitar cab?

Havn't posted in a while. Anyway, I've been thinking about switching out my factory speakers (4x12 100w cab BTW) for something better.

I was thinking some Celestion Greenbacks. I've read some pretty bad reviews on them, but I thought I'd ask the people here, because you all frankly seem to be a little more knowledgeable when it comes to equipment. Another reason being that I don't trust those reviews, because I imagine most of the people that review things on Harmony Central are complete morons and spend their weekends playing shitty bar rock covers of Aerosmith songs. SO! ANYWAY!

Celestion Greenbacks? Any good? Comments? Experience with them?

Any other speaker suggestions would be great as well, they don't need to be Celestions, anything would help as I am retarded when it comes to speakers, so again anything would be great.

I play very high volume rock (I guess you could call it noise rock), through a Ampeg V-4. I'm looking for something rather bright and punchy. Hope that helps.

Thank you in advance!
LIFE'S A BUMMER

Speakers for guitar cab?

yaphet wrote:Havn't posted in a while. Anyway, I've been thinking about switching out my factory speakers (4x12 100w cab BTW) for something better.

I was thinking some Celestion Greenbacks. I've read some pretty bad reviews on them, but I thought I'd ask the people here, because you all frankly seem to be a little more knowledgeable when it comes to equipment. Another reason being that I don't trust those reviews, because I imagine most of the people that review things on Harmony Central are complete morons and spend their weekends playing shitty bar rock covers of Aerosmith songs. SO! ANYWAY!

Any other speaker suggestions would be great as well, they don't need to be Celestions, anything would help as I am retarded when it comes to speakers, so again anything would be great.

I play very high volume rock (I guess you could call it noise rock), through a Ampeg V-4. I'm looking for something rather bright and punchy. Hope that helps.

Thank you in advance!

4 Celestion 30watt Greenbacks will be ace, it'll be a 120w cab and be absolutely cooking with the Ampeg.

Speakers for guitar cab?

What kind of cab/speakers do you currently have? These guys sell speakers that are essentially Celestion copies for less than the Celestions. I use a quad of their Vintage 30 clones, and they sound as good, if not better than the originals.

Also, their Greenback clones are slightly differant in the fact that they're more efficient, therefore louder than the Celestion originals, which could be a detractor to some.
"Fuck compose, Fuck melody, Dedicated to no one, Thanks to no one, ART IS OVER".
-Juntaro Yamanouchi

Speakers for guitar cab?

eliya wrote:
D'Piucchstre wrote:These guys

Their 15" speakers look nice. I wonder what they sound like, have you tried them D'Piucchstre? They look like EVM 15L...

I have no idea of what their 15's are like. I have a quad of their vintage 30 clones that I bought when they were still offering their introductory pricing on them. Those are very much like the V-30's, but with less of the harsh HF frequency spike of the V-30's. They also have much less cone doping on them as compared to the V-30's so they break in a bit faster.

Needless to say, their Celestion copies are pretty much spot on, for less. As far as their 15" speaker is concerned though, I don't know what it sounds like, much less have any knowlege on whether it's lie an EVM 15L. --That being said, judging only on the speakers that I have, I'd have to say that it's also going to be a fairly decent speaker.
"Fuck compose, Fuck melody, Dedicated to no one, Thanks to no one, ART IS OVER".
-Juntaro Yamanouchi

Speakers for guitar cab?

tbone wrote:Those warehouse speakers are pretty cheap. You haven't had any problems with them?

I'm a big fan of Weber speakers. Great customer service, great product. Not as cheap as the Warehouse stuff, but still a great value for a hand made piece of equipment.

No problems with them whatsoever. --They may be inexpensive, but the build quality of the Warehouse speakers is quite good.
-Juntaro Yamanouchi

Speakers for guitar cab?

honeyisfunny wrote:
yaphet wrote:Havn't posted in a while. Anyway, I've been thinking about switching out my factory speakers (4x12 100w cab BTW) for something better.

Thank you in advance!

4 Celestion 30watt Greenbacks will be ace, it'll be a 120w cab and be absolutely cooking with the Ampeg.

I love greenbacks.
ben wrote:I tend to get a little cynical in social situations where I see large groups of people enjoying themselves.