Punk Dub Versions

givemenoughrope wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:
Now, my problem is after all these years and years of searching and collecting these songs and these types of songs....I think I may have possibly found them all.
I have TONS of this type of stuff

List some of the best ones. I want tons of this stuff.

I'll make ya a list of some of my favs when I get home later
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

Punk Dub Versions

The Code is Almighty wrote:I have no idea what dub even means. Is it like all the Mogwai remixes on Kicking A Dead Pig?

There is one on there that is almost a dub track but not really no, those are all just dance mixes for the most part.

Dub is a song stripped down to it's base. The bass and drums. The rest of it, the guitar, vocals, etc.... they are usually all echoed out and stabbed in and out of the mix. Take your average rock song and with some clever mixing and use of echo and delay and other effects make it into something more resembling a hard reggae song.

Punk Dub Versions

yaledelay wrote:why not listen to real dub stuff? or do you perfer the "punked" dub?

Oh I have plenty of 'real' dub shit as well, Soul Jazz and Trojan put out awesome new double and triple record sets of this shit almost on a daily basis it seems. Almost every track on every single one is gold.