tactical works

syntaxfree07 wrote:
the$inmusicisallmine wrote:
syntaxfree07 wrote:
the$inmusicisallmine wrote:anybody know anything more now, in June of 2008 than we all knew in June of 2007 (which was absolutely nothing)?

There is a new one with holes in the neck for fret markers.

yeah, that is the 5/8 one. any idea how much he charges for them?

I offered him a straight trade on one for my electrical wood-bodied custom and he laughed at me.

About that much.

so, about 2 grand, huh?

tactical works

BadComrade wrote:Those instruments look like something made in a high school shop class. Can't say I've ever heard one in person, but I don't buy the whole "they're solid aluminum because that makes them sound better" thing... I think it's more like "we don't have the skill to CNC anything other than an crude guitar-like shape out of a solid block of aluminum".

It really does not take a whole lot of skill to use a CNC. If they can make a crude guitar-like shape, they are well on the way to making it cut whatever shape they want.
The most difficult aspect that I've found with CNC's is rendering accuracy; arc distance error, curve resolution etc.
Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced. T. Mckenna

tactical works

It's a cool looking guitar. I've never played one or seen one in person, but from the pictures I've always thought this was the second coolest new aluminum guitar (behind the EGCs).

I think it looks rather elegant in its simplicity, but then again I also collect books on Shaker architecture. I'm surprised at the complaints that this looks like high school machine shop work. For shame, people! If that's what you think, maybe you should be playing a PRS or a Parker or something ;)

tactical works

matt told me that the more base model would be around $1900, the other one around $2100.

from what i've played of them, well worth it. you just can't damage it and they sound great. i would surely buy one if i could afford it after paying dave from new brutalism to make me an amp.
myspace.com/mouthbreathermusic
myspace.com/tremendousfucking

tactical works

i would love to hear what one of these things sounds like with an amp I know, like a fender twin or a hiwatt stack, or something. I like New Brut just fine, but with the weird-harold amps, I have no reference for what the guitars sound like on their own.

that said, a metal guitar with a hot p-90 near the bridge is gonna kick some serious ass, no question.

OK, i will start saving now.