Juggalo funeral (sad content)

jermwelfare wrote:Something must be said regarding natural selection, a life of cheetos and Faygo would have meant a terrible life for the child, early on-set diabetes and two parents like that is not the picture of a healthy or 'reasonable" childhood. If reincarnation exists, that child deserves to be born into a Montessori teachers womb........

I agree, and this was the first thing that I thought of as well. If this kid had somehow managed its way through childhood (unattended by parents, of course), it would have been morbidly obese and pregnant/the baby-daddy of it's offspring by the age of 15 and would probably be condemned to a life of flipping burgers at Mickey D's and consuming vast amounts of Taco Bell's "Fourth Meal" menu.

This spawn made the right choice. It self-destructed rather than enduring a life of intolerable haplessness and misery.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."

-Gustave Flaubert

Some of the replies in this thread are pretty sick. Yeah juggaloes are fucked up, retarded, easy to make fun of etc etc. but so what??

The kid didn't "self-destruct" to avoid a life of misery. It DIED for fuck's sake. The parents are a bit fucking slow and listen to shitty music but again so what? They just lost a kid. That ever happen to any of you? No? Then shut the fuck up.

simmo wrote:Well said.

The comments re: "natural selection" and "self-destruction" are so totally lacking in humanity its frightening.

I've observed over the years that this is a disconnect between the States and the U.K. Every goddamn person that I know in the U.K. is all for having over 4 children regardless of economic condition, lavishing the children with attention and education, etc.

That doesn't happen in the USA. Here, it seems to be mostly accidental pregnancy which can't really be afforded financially, that eventually results in misery and dysfunctional relationships.

This situation looks a lot like that.

This is why I said it was probably for the best.
Last edited by Mandroid20_Archive on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."

-Gustave Flaubert

Mandroid2.0 wrote:If you had grown up where I did and had gone to my high school, I guarantee that you'd have a different opinion about this potential human's fate and the "tragedy" behind its death.

The use of the word 'potential' and the inverted commas I have a big problem with.

It was born. It was a human. No 'potential' about it.

It died. Very young. It had parents and family (though we might not like their chosen subculture). They lost a child. No need for inverted commas around tragedy.

So a Juggalo is just a fan of insane clown posse? And they're just some nu metal band?

Why is that a thing? Punks, goths, metalheads, etc are all devoted to a genre or even several genres of music, why does this (presumably awful) band have their own cult?

And where do I sign up?
simmo wrote:Someone make my carrot and grapefruits smoke. Please.

1. Did you idiots turn out exactly like your parents?

2. Who gives a shit anyway?

When you are fat and have bad taste in music and your child dies, it fucks you up the same as it would as if you were as awesome as some of the awesome people who have posted on this thread.

The worst thing in the world happened to these people. The worst. And you are laughing at it, and some of you are saying it's for the best somehow.

Do me a favor and stay away from me if we ever cross paths.

If you had grown up where I did and had gone to my high school

Oooh, high school. Yeah. It's rough. No one else has to go through that, that's for sure.