Hihat Clutch

Here's the Pearl Triple-Lock, which is essentially the same thing that The Other Canadian is talking about.

$18 out the door at Guitar Center, though you're in Atlanta, so I would recommend Atlanta Pro Percussion. It'll be the same price. Speak to Kevin, who is there most days except Wednesdays, or Kent Aberle. Those are both massively knowledgeable fellows and very enthusiastic about drums.

added: by the way, Atlanta Pro has a MASSIVE used inventory. Massive. Any time you need parts or wanna maybe grab something a little cheaper, those are your guys.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE

Hihat Clutch

matt_stevens wrote:I have a Gibraltar Super Clutch. It's got the lock at the bottom like the Pearl one, and it's a bit cheaper aswell. Also, the way it tightens to the "pole" bit of the hi-hat stand is different, it kinda pulls it tight instead of screwing into it, if that makes any sense. Hmm... that last sentence sounds kinda wrong.

Anyhow, it works great.

I'm so in to this style of clutch! If I had to make signature drum equipment (as infinitely unlikely as that is), this would be the second thing after locking nuts on the snare batter head lugs that I'd specify... As soon as I get a spare dollar, I'll invest. Hoozah!

Hihat Clutch

Thanks guys. i think I'm all set now on cymbals and drums, but next time I need anything, I'm off to Atlanta Pro Percussion. I went there a long time ago when they were off 85, but haven't been insce they moved to Smyrna.

Next newbie drummer job is to get new heads. Remo Coated Ambassadors, but I have no clue how to tune them. How do I know if I need new bottom heads?

Cue your ever-promised video Ringo...

Hihat Clutch

PMed you, eliya!

bigc wrote:Thanks guys. i think I'm all set now on cymbals and drums, but next time I need anything, I'm off to Atlanta Pro Percussion. I went there a long time ago when they were off 85, but haven't been insce they moved to Smyrna.

Next newbie drummer job is to get new heads. Remo Coated Ambassadors, but I have no clue how to tune them. How do I know if I need new bottom heads?

Cue your ever-promised video Ringo...

Dude.

PM me. I'm coming to your HOUSE.

I'll just show you in person.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE