US Tour Van Hire?

Hi ya'll, looking to hire a tour can in the US for an upcoming tour, we're from outta town/country and I could sure use some helpful info finding somewhere that won't rip off the fuck off, and have enough room for five of us + backline gear, and not, ya know, be totally fucked to deal with... looking at a two month hire. Luxury not required. Any pointers?

US Tour Van Hire?

matthewbarnhart wrote:I don't recommend Rent-a-Wreck on the West coast -- service was fine, but the van we had was crappy for how much we paid. Could've had a brand-new van for not much more.

My band rented a mini-van from them last fall to drive to Missoula from Seattle.

I am still shocked that van made it to Missoula and back in one piece.

But still, a pretty good price. In Washington though, you can't take them out of WA, OR, ID, or MT.
Pure L wrote:I get shocked whenever I use my table saw while barefooted.

I Made Out With You Before You Were Cool
Don't Sit On The Pickets

US Tour Van Hire?

Thanks for the tips, Bandago provided the best customer service out of anyone. Seem like great people (mostly musos) who cut thru the crap. Unfortunately we're cheap ass donkeys and have had to pass up that option in favour of a lesser van, thru an obvious car hire chain. Was thinking I could find a local provider through local knowledge, but having the chain across the country in hindsight is a safe bet because no doubt we will run into problems along the way... insurance seems another issues. I've been told these chains have many a loophole to screw a hirer out of any coverage they provide you with. Anyone know anything about that side of things? Horror stories, good experiences?

US Tour Van Hire?

matthewbarnhart wrote:I don't recommend Rent-a-Wreck on the West coast -- service was fine, but the van we had was crappy for how much we paid. Could've had a brand-new van for not much more.

tallchris wrote:My band rented a mini-van from them last fall to drive to Missoula from Seattle.

I am still shocked that van made it to Missoula and back in one piece.

But still, a pretty good price. In Washington though, you can't take them out of WA, OR, ID, or MT.

So... it's not just a clever name...