My Chemical Romance fans protest negative media portrayal

Leave the kids to their dressing up and having fun. Chances are they're little more self aware and subjective about it than the NME and most of it's >20 readership.

Most popular music is little more than bullshit theatre nowadays, at least they picked the band where the theatre is more important than the music.

tommydski wrote:Chances are in three years time all those adorably cute girls will be Fugazi fans.

They'll also be street legal by then if you get what I'm saying.

Leaving you a brief window of opportunity between them being impressed by your OOP Lungfish LPs and them noticing the lyrics for Suggestion.

My Chemical Romance fans protest negative media portrayal

I've never actually heard MCR but I'm assuming they are a shitty band.

I don't think it matters. They seem like the sort of band kids will like for about six months before moving onto something else. Chances are it will be something a little bit better. In a few years time half of this lot will be Shellac fans, mark my words.

Quite a few of us on the forum (the younger crowd I guess) had a certain amount of luck in that our gateway band was Nirvana, who weren't an especially terrible band but they served in pretty much the same way the 'mainstream' rock bands do today. Some MCR fans will lose interest in music. Some will move to a different genre. Maybe some will dig a bit deeper into independent music and give us all an audience over the next decade or so.

Seriously, if the existence of this band is your main concern today, you are fucking blessed as a human being.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm.