My Chemical Romance fans protest negative media portrayal

tommydski wrote:I've never actually heard MCR but I'm assuming they are a shitty band.

I don't think it matters. They seem like the sort of band kids will like for about six months before moving onto something else. Chances are it will be something a little bit better. In a few years time half of this lot will be Shellac fans, mark my words.

Quite a few of us on the forum (the younger crowd I guess) had a certain amount of luck in that our gateway band was Nirvana, who weren't an especially terrible band but they served in pretty much the same way the 'mainstream' rock bands do today. Some MCR fans will lose interest in music. Some will move to a different genre. Maybe some will dig a bit deeper into independent music and give us all an audience over the next decade or so.

Seriously, if the existence of this band is your main concern today, you are fucking blessed as a human being.

Tommy-
I love you. But you can take those very good, polite, reasonable and logical arguments I'd with agree normally and fuck yourself with them. There is not justification for listening to MCR. You hear me? NOOO JUSTIFICAAAAATION <face goes red, starts running around the room and screaming, dies of heart attack>

tommydski wrote:I've never actually heard MCR but I'm assuming they are a shitty band.

I don't think it matters. They seem like the sort of band kids will like for about six months before moving onto something else. Chances are it will be something a little bit better. In a few years time half of this lot will be Shellac fans, mark my words.

Quite a few of us on the forum (the younger crowd I guess) had a certain amount of luck in that our gateway band was Nirvana, who weren't an especially terrible band but they served in pretty much the same way the 'mainstream' rock bands do today. Some MCR fans will lose interest in music. Some will move to a different genre. Maybe some will dig a bit deeper into independent music and give us all an audience over the next decade or so.

Seriously, if the existence of this band is your main concern today, you are fucking blessed as a human being.

You should write books about this stuff and interject your poly experiences within.

busbus wrote:

You should write books about this stuff and interject your poly experiences within.

I'm With The Bland: A Memoir By Tommi Des Skye

Who cares what the kids do and what they like?

I still remember the Old Guard Hippies making fun of us for having short hair, "weird" clothes and listening to stupid, shitty, ugly-looking bands like Sex Pistols and Ramones. They sounded a lot like some of you, who are much younger than me even. Let them have their street-teams, makeup, hair.

Never heard this band, the only thing I know about them is that the singer has the same first name as I do.

zom-zom wrote:Who cares what the kids do and what they like?

I still remember the Old Guard Hippies making fun of us for having short hair, "weird" clothes and listening to stupid, shitty, ugly-looking bands like Sex Pistols and Ramones. They sounded a lot like some of you, who are much younger than me even. Let them have their street-teams, makeup, hair.

No shit. People have to lighten up about what other people do that doesn't affect their life one iota.

The only thing I find disappointing about this protest is that the kids didn't have a protest to declare that The Daily Mail nailed it and they were a suicide cult.