Silkworm

Crap
Total votes: 13 (14%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 82 (86%)
Total votes: 95

Band: Silkworm

cjh wrote:Nothing of any great import to add, only that earlier in spring tommydski made this astute post about Firewater.

tommydski wrote:The last four songs on that record are fucking perfection -

13. Drag The River
14. Killing My Ass
15. Caricature of A Joke
16. Don't Make Plans This Friday

Whether this hung in my subconscious as I recently revisited this album or I came to the same conclusion I really can't say but I've been playing the living shit hell out of these tracks recently. Don't Make Plans.. in particular is one I can't seem to leave alone. Magnificent. N/C.

I remember that post, and it had a similar effect on me. So now, if I've got 15 minutes to listen to music, I'll often just throw on those 4 songs. They're standouts on a standout album.

And that solo in "Don't Make Plans This Friday" . . . there just aren't a lot of people who can do something like that with a guitar.

That's interesting. I always thought that Firewater up to track twelve would be a superb album. Having those four songs on the end is like a additional bonus that happens to be spine-tingling amazing. I do associate those closing tracks because I can't think of four songs I enjoy more in sequence.

'Caricature of a Joke' is one of those songs that grows and grows inside you.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm.

burun wrote:Over the past few days, of sleep deprivation, I have decided that "Insomnia" is my favorite Skwm song, currently.

"If sleeping were a battle/we would meet for drills at 3 A.M."

Brilliant.

Awesome bass sound on that song.

Tre Orsi's cover on the tribute record is a very, very beautiful cover that has nearly brought me to tears on more than one occasion.
Pure L wrote:I get shocked whenever I use my table saw while barefooted.

I Made Out With You Before You Were Cool
Don't Sit On The Pickets