Jawbox

Crap
Total votes: 5 (8%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 59 (92%)
Total votes: 64

Band: Jawbox

It tok me a long time to find out about Jawbox and they were right under my nose. I guess their house was right next to my junior high busstop in 89 and 90(blair high), and one of my roommates was a relative of the band. Still, I found out about them via the Germantown Gazette in my junior year of hs.
I listened to Sweetheart for years, never understanding what half the songs were about. Js chords were strange, and his melodies stranger. It all seemed to be 'for real', though, and unique at the time. Actually I've heard some stuff on the radio since then that seemed to rip his melodies and harmonies directly. I think he means what he does and is passionate about it.
He recorded a friend's band at his house and they reported that he has guitar-print bedsheets. I don't know him at all, but I believe.
Oh, and the drummer's playing, the sound of his toms, it all sounds like it's coming from a parallel dimension. A unique band.

BadComrade wrote:YOUR bass sound is fucking great. I've always loved how it sounds like there are two basses playing (no pun intended). My brother has the same 400+ / 2x15 setup that you do, and my basses and his 4001 don't sound anything like yours does, even with similar settings.

Thanks. My amp is actually just a 400. It has less power tubes than a 400+ for what that's worth. Got it at Guitar Works about 12 years ago for $500.

BadComrade wrote:Oh and I should have said hi to you last night, but Chris Dragon was talkin' your ear off right before you went on stage, so I didn't... so, "hi".

Next time just push him.

Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:That's what I thought.
I mainly asked because someone mentioned those guitars as a warning sign of really bad bands.

if memory serves the Dismemberment Plan played Schecter guitars.

just sayin'
tmidgett wrote:robert christgau, in a moment of supreme clarity, once called mick mars 'dork-fingered,' which about sums him up

MantaRay wrote:
Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:That's what I thought.
I mainly asked because someone mentioned those guitars as a warning sign of really bad bands.

if memory serves the Dismemberment Plan played Schecter guitars.

just sayin'

I always saw Travis with a Music Man; I don't remember what Jason played.
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.