Amy Winehouse has Emphazyma due to Smoking Crack Cocaine

lemur68 wrote:Maybe she just needs a buttfuck from Josh Homme.

That's the spirit I come to the board for.

Sympathy for a self-inflicted celebrity? When did the PRF become People magazine?

People, please. Y'all are depressing me with your feigned compassion. It's not like crack was just invented and she didn't know. I hardly call this a tragedy when she is the instrument of her own demise. Don't give me this psychobabble about addiction, either. Is it a tragedy when someone drives their car through a roadblock over a cliff when the signs clearly mark what's ahead?
meh

dontfeartheringo wrote:
caix wrote:
Nothing like hitting rock-bottom before your mid-twenties.

Hey, don't knock it.

You just have to make a sharp turn before the last bit.

I did it. It's doable.

Of course, being famous in this situation can only grease the rails.

much of this can apply to anal sex too...
lemur68 wrote:I've always said there are two ways to guarantee getting on the news:

1) Be found hoarding 80 animals in your home.

2) Drive through a storefront.

I'm 6/80ths the way to #1.

Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:
Yngwie Einstein wrote:Is it a tragedy when someone drives their car through a roadblock over a cliff when the signs clearly mark what's ahead?
What if the person's blind?

they make braille road signs?
Last edited by sack of smashed assholes_Archive on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ben wrote:I tend to get a little cynical in social situations where I see large groups of people enjoying themselves.

People who have no desire to save themselves won't. It has no connection to wealth or celebrity. Thinking that you aren't worthwhile isn't something that you just get over in therapy, or cure by taking a pill or by having your photo in the papers and gaining recognition via fame. You have to do it for yourself, which is dumb since you don't really care about yourself in the first place.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."

-Gustave Flaubert

millions wrote:
Yngwie Einstein wrote:]I hardly call this a tragedy when she is the instrument of her own demise.

Actually, that is pretty much the exact definition of a tragedy.

Ha ha!

That must've been the Yngwie half talking.

Yngwie Einstein wrote:People, please. Y'all are depressing me with your feigned compassion.

Why would people have to feign compassion for someone who's suffering from an incurable disease?

Feigned my ass. I know enough people who've eaten massive amts of shit due to drug and alcohol addiction to have compassion for someone in that boat. It's a shitty, shitty way to live.

A lot of things go into people abusing themselves in this way. You are possessed of the common misperception that it's a simple choice that people make. Wrong.

You guys want to pile on someone who's in that bad of shape, I'm not stopping you. I haven't complained. But allow me to have some sympathy for her, if you would.