Worst band decision you grudgingly went along with

"Your guitar parts are a little too sparse. Let's get a Dream Theatre-loving metalhead to fill out the guitar parts."

"Let's spend $100 for a guy with an ADAT, Mackie mixer and a bunch of tattered, beer-soaked Peavey SM-58 knockoffs to record us. We'll monitor through your ghetto blaster."

"Let's go without a set list, despite the fact that we can't agree on song order."

"Let's tour in my '81 Econoline. Ignore that pesky clunking sound from the engine compartment."

"Let's make FuzzBob a mix tape of Frank Gambale, Tribal Tech and Mike Stern Weather Channel jazz fusion tunes and sit with him to make sure he listens to it so he can see where I'm coming from on my arrangement ideas, because he obviously doesn't get it right now."

"Let's make sure the bass player doesn't feel left out of the songwriting process by, for the next 6 weeks, spending half of practice playing his one bass riff over and over, despite the fact that he has no ideas to develop this one riff, and the riff is so noodly and so lacking in harmonic movement that you really don't have much room to work around it besides playing octave chords and making it sound like Fugazi, who the bass player hates."

"Let's hold a band meeting to for the sole purpose of letting the bass player vent about how he doesn't get nearly enough creative input."

"That fake, cheezy jazz-funk riff you were goofing around with? I love that! Let's jam on it for 5 hours!"

My personal favorite, suggested by sloppy drummer: "Forget using a click. It ruins the feel."
Last edited by FuzzBob_Archive on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iembalm wrote:Can I just point out, Rick, that this rant is in a thread about a cartoon?

Worst band decision you grudgingly went along with

vockins wrote:"Let's make a video."
"Let's rent a house this winter, live in it together and write a record." (This one was so bad that no one claims responsibility for it anymore)
"Let's tour in your capless, non crewcab equipped pickup truck."
"Let's take our sweet ass time recording this record."
"Let's play Houston the week of SXSW."
"Let's play Memphis on consecutive weekday nights."
"Let's play LA, then SF, then LA, then SF, then LA, then Seattle."

Hey I like your video!

No wonder you hated touring.
David
TRONOGRAPHIC - RUSTY BOX