RIP George Carlin.

Andrew. wrote:
enframed wrote:seinfeld on carlin

I clicked on this thinking "what kind of justice could Jerry goddamn Seinfeld do to George Carlin?" And here it is in the NY Times:

Jerry Seinfeld wrote:You could certainly say that George downright invented modern American stand-up comedy in many ways.

I'm trying to think of a worse sentence than this. Read that sentence.

Celebrated sitcom writer and innovator of inane humor, Jerry Seinfeld. Jesus H.

the sentence is a little cluttered, yeah, but you get its meaning.

what i liked about the piece was this:

seinfeld wrote:You could certainly say that George downright invented modern American stand-up comedy in many ways. Every comedian does a little George. I couldn’t even count the number of times I’ve been standing around with some comedians and someone talks about some idea for a joke and another comedian would say, “Carlin does it.” I’ve heard it my whole career: “Carlin does it,” “Carlin already did it,” “Carlin did it eight years ago.”

[...]

I know George didn’t believe in heaven or hell. Like death, they were just more comedy premises. And it just makes me even sadder to think that when I reach my own end, whatever tumbling cataclysmic vortex of existence I’m spinning through, in that moment I will still have to think, “Carlin already did it.”

seinfeld pays great compliments to carlin here and in the end, at the same time as he pays carlin the greatest compliment, seinfeld takes a little spotlight for himself.

i think carlin would have found that funny because it's so ordinary.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.

RIP George Carlin.

Rick Reuben wrote:Damn.

Carlin on who owns America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVTfcAyYGg

He's briefly in a new 9/11 Truth movie due out July 4. He didn't say 'inside job', but he came close. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pow5_UYKaJ8

Russert/Carlin/? Who will be the three?

Carlin was a racist, right Tom?
www.23beatsoff.blogspot.com

Nina wrote: We're all growing too old to expect solace from watching Camus and Ayn Rand copulate.