why did i just eat that

If I'm going to eat eyes and testicles then at I least want them mashed into a paste so i can't see them. Thanks burger and hotdog companies for doing so.

Have you noticed that the same people who say
'You do know you're eating cows asshole and testicles.' are also the kind of people who say
'The Native Americans use the whole carcass, and we waste so much of it.'

why did i just eat that

madmanmunt wrote:
Actress wrote:This thing you ate was Blood cubes.

Like black pudding? In Pho? Fucking awesome.

Yeah, except not. You know how black pudding has spices and bits in it, and comes all fried up with that beautiful contrast between skin and soft center?

The pig's blood in pho is big cubes of plain congealed blood. The lack of flavor means you are free to think about why you are sucking down bites of tasteless congealed pig's blood. And then stop and enjoy the much more interesting tripe.
DrAwkward wrote:If SKID ROW likes them enough to take them on tour, they must have something going on, right?

why did i just eat that

tommydski wrote:I just ate some of these -

I eat these a lot when I'm in Canuckistan because I'm too lazy to cook. I don't think they have much in the way of nutritional content.

I cycled around the South Island of New Zealand a few years ago. Two weeks living on mainly this stuff. I thought it would be great - easy to carry, easy to prep etc. At the end of the trip I told my sister this, she has a physiology/sports science degree. Her words were "Fuck off! There is more nutitional value in the plastic wrapper! How much weight did you lose?"

I did eat a burger at Franz Joseph. And had a night on the beers in Wanaka. This didn't impress her either.

why did i just eat that

tommydski wrote:

I eat these a lot when I'm in Canuckistan because I'm too lazy to cook. I don't think they have much in the way of nutritional content.

My brother showed me an awesome trick recently. You can go to a health food store and get a big pack of seedlings/nuts (or other things that are high in protein) for about €3.50. Dump 50% of your daily allowance worth into the bowl of noodles, water and sauce and then cook them.

It's actually pretty filling.
- Andy

why did i just eat that

B_M_L wrote:
tommydski wrote:I just ate some of these -

I cycled around the South Island of New Zealand a few years ago. Two weeks living on mainly this stuff. I thought it would be great - easy to carry, easy to prep etc. At the end of the trip I told my sister this, she has a physiology/sports science degree. Her words were "Fuck off! There is more nutitional value in the plastic wrapper! How much weight did you lose?

Ramen noodles were my food of choice when I was full-blown eating disordered in college. I ate one half-packet, 1/2 cup of small carrot sticks dipped in mustard, and an apple each day. I also walked/jogged about 3-4 hours per day and occasionally passed out. In retrospect, it is not surprising that my hair started to fall out in clumps. It is also not surprising that after a few weeks of the ramen noodle diet, my urine took on the unmistakable fragrance of chicken broth.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."

-Gustave Flaubert

why did i just eat that

Mandroid2.0 wrote:Ramen noodles were my food of choice when I was full-blown eating disordered in college. I ate one half-packet, 1/2 cup of small carrot sticks dipped in mustard, and an apple each day. I also walked/jogged about 3-4 hours per day and occasionally passed out. In retrospect, it is not surprising that my hair started to fall out in clumps. It is also not surprising that after a few weeks of the ramen noodle diet, my urine took on the unmistakable fragrance of chicken broth.

I didn't really notice the physical effects so much. I think I just asumed that I was riding 6 hours a day so I was meant to be really tired. But by day ten I was making some quite irrational decisions. I was travelling another guy - on day 10/11 we stopped at midday and ended up having a proper fight by the side of the road about who had been drinking the most water! A serious, "don't touch my water bottle, don't even look at it dickhead" FITE. I didn't see him again until the trip finished.

On half a packet of noodles, an apple and a carrot I think I'd probably be randomly punching people in the street.