Perverted Justice, etc?

Something unfair about entrapment...
Total votes: 23 (37%)
I have no sympathy for these scum.
Total votes: 39 (63%)
Total votes: 62

Internet Pedophile: Sting

The Code is Almighty wrote:You also make it sound like no one should go to jail because of how horrible it is. In this instance, I'm ok with that.

steve wrote:Yeah, I know you are. I'm not.

For clarification, I meant that I was ok with the idea of sending the people caught up in this somewhere other than jail, so long as they were being identified and treated. It looks like I didn't complete my thought. Sorry about that.
I've seen the bridges burning in the night.

H-GM wrote:Sex crimes in general or the specific act of child molestation?

Check this out: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/rsorp94.pdf

Pages 11-14 cover prior arrest and conviction records and recidivism rates for rape and child molestation convicts.

It's from 1994, but I doubt the numbers have changed all that much in the interim. Actually, I posted this USA Today article a few pages back that showed that sex offenses in general had declined significantly between the years of 1993 and 2003.

steve wrote:As long as the "whatever it takes" punishment mentality is in place, there will never be serious attempts made to rehabilitate any criminals, and certainly not for criminals with addictive/psychological underpinnings for their crimes. We will get more arrests, more prisoners, more punishment, more profit for the private prison corporations, more bandwagon-jumping assholes on television demonizing convicts.

That's what you get when you settle for this bullshit.

Exactly, Steve.

in many countries, the concept of inimputability is very closely attached to the concept of the mental disorders.
What is needed in my opinion is a broadening of this concept.
There are several others factors (not only being insane in the legal sense) such as history life, social class, education (amog others) that should be taken into account by a Court in sentencing an individual.

I think some of them should be considered inimputable under law, legally judged irresponsible for what they did, and sent to some kind of institution that would effectively do something to help them, reintegrating them into society.
Last edited by 242sumner on Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There's an exceptional short story by English writer Will Self called _The Nonce Prize_ (in his unfortunately titled ss collection, _Tough Tough Toys for Tough Tough Boys_). I have been meaning to write about this fucking story for months now! One of the best things I've ever read.

It's about this Jamaican ex-patriot crack dealer in London who gets framed for an unspeakably awful crime and how he ends up in a creative writing contest with two pederasts.

(Full disclosure: none of the other stories in the book are that great thus far, but _The Nonce Prize_ is a muthafuggin' TEN. It's an experience!)

Dr. Venkman wrote:There are dead mother-fuckers out there. They are dead. They do not feel, but rather act. Without fear of repercussion or sense of responsibility, they act. They are inhuman monsters. You can't tell me that they don't exist. There is an evil beyond the reach of any modern psychology, that does and always will exist. You're witnessing a manifestation of that same evil. It will always be there. No rhyme or reason. Just fucking evil.

Do they need a second guitar?

Seriously, are the pederasts born that way or have they suffered the abuse of one? Is something that can be cured? Is there even something "wrong" with them or do they like kids the same way I like brunettes? I read the thread and there are some conflicting reports.

Man, I am craving some Chipotle right now. Like Crrraving! I hope the cops aren't there waiting for me.

major malling marsupial wrote:
givemenoughrope wrote:Seriously, are the pederasts born that way or have they suffered the abuse of one? Is something that can be cured? Is there even something "wrong" with them
it doesn't really matter to the victims.

If they could be cured of it (which I kinda doubt), there might be no victims at all.

I guess I don't really care about smallpox.