Stuff to do in Missoula, MT

So, in a couple weeks, I'm driving out to Missoula, MT to attend my brother's wedding. Should be a good time, as I rarely get to see my brother. He and his fiance already have a few kids between the two of them, and they're a load of fun. And there's something so carefree and fun about atheist weddings. Can't wait.

However, there will be several days of down time in Missoula, and I know I'll need stuff to do. I'm sure I'll be playing with the kids, cooking, and hitting some hiking trails, nature shit, etc. However, if anyone knows of good record shops, restaurants, bars, or other points of interest, I know I'll need some more stuff to do. Thanks a bunch.
Mike McGovern

DregsInTheCrowd wrote:So, in a couple weeks, I'm driving out to Missoula, MT to attend my brother's wedding. Should be a good time, as I rarely get to see my brother. He and his fiance already have a few kids between the two of them, and they're a load of fun. And there's something so carefree and fun about atheist weddings. Can't wait.

However, there will be several days of down time in Missoula, and I know I'll need stuff to do. I'm sure I'll be playing with the kids, cooking, and hitting some hiking trails, nature shit, etc. However, if anyone knows of good record shops, restaurants, bars, or other points of interest, I know I'll need some more stuff to do. Thanks a bunch.

there was a great guitar store there last time we went through, they had all kinds of crazy collector shit there... I forgot what it was called but I am sure I could look it up...
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.

hell yes, go to the oxford fo sho, their chicken fried steak is ridiculous. Also check out a place called Hong Kong Chef, it is kind of hidden but they have the best fried tofu and/or meat depending on your interests, and even though I ain't vegetarian, i prefer the tofu. Also, if you are there at the right time I know Total Fest is coming soon, it is pretty sweet tits. Also check out Ear Candy for some sweet records and the big dipper for ice cream. Oh how I miss Missoula.

yaledelay wrote:
DregsInTheCrowd wrote:So, in a couple weeks, I'm driving out to Missoula, MT to attend my brother's wedding. Should be a good time, as I rarely get to see my brother. He and his fiance already have a few kids between the two of them, and they're a load of fun. And there's something so carefree and fun about atheist weddings. Can't wait.

there was a great guitar store there last time we went through, they had all kinds of crazy collector shit there... I forgot what it was called but I am sure I could look it up...

I don't recall the name, either, but I remember it was right by Hellgate High.
Hey. My name's Josh.

choppy wrote:I don't recall the name, either, but I remember it was right by Hellgate High.

Probably Electronic Sound and Percussion on Higgins ave.

Say hi to Checkers for me. Yes, that's his real name. No, none of the cool drums are for sale.
steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
Quicumque quattuor feles possidet insanus est.

Ear Candy and Rockin' Rudys are both good records stores, Ear Candy a bit more so.

The Palace/Bandlander is the place to see shows nowadays. My friend Mike from the Victory Smokes does most of their booking. There will probably a good if not interesting show while you are there.

That C/NC tread linked above has some really good suggestions as well(along with a drunken story of my past).

Missoula may just be my favorite place I've ever been to.
Pure L wrote:I get shocked whenever I use my table saw while barefooted.

I Made Out With You Before You Were Cool
Don't Sit On The Pickets

steve wrote:
choppy wrote:I don't recall the name, either, but I remember it was right by Hellgate High.

Probably Electronic Sound and Percussion on Higgins ave.

Say hi to Checkers for me. Yes, that's his real name. No, none of the cool drums are for sale.

I was just going to post about how when I was there on tour in 2002, we went to a guitar store and met a guy named Checkers. He was one of those guys who was so nice and clean cut and gregarious that it was creepy, or straight out of a 1950's television show.

Ben