Let s Talk Baseball

alandeus wrote:
cesb wrote:Amen. I especially hate those stupid softball league jerseys you see here and there. I mean for God's sake, this is major league baseball. Put some buttons on your jerseys. Jacket Required, or whathaveyou. Who started this shit? I remember seeing some of this chumpery as far back as the mid-70s...Cleveland, I'm thinking...

Wanna make a bet?

What are we betting? That the pullover didn't come around until 1979 at the earliest? Coulda sworn I saw an Indians pullover from circa 1975...damn you I don't have time to look this up...White Sox coulda been around that time too with the Eurostyle lettering on the pullover...
Mike G.

Let s Talk Baseball

Daffodil Column wrote:It's wonderful how baseball is the only sport in which gray is considered an attractive color. It's demonstrative of the same school of thought and tradition that kept out "coloreds" longer than any other.

Could you keep riffing on this one? I'd really like to read it.

Let s Talk Baseball

vockins wrote:
Daffodil Column wrote:It's wonderful how baseball is the only sport in which gray is considered an attractive color. It's demonstrative of the same school of thought and tradition that kept out "coloreds" longer than any other.

Could you keep riffing on this one? I'd really like to read it.

I have a notion to make some sort of witty comment about the Homestead Grays here, but the mental acuity isn't what it once was, so I'm just going leave it to fester in my noggin.
Mike G.

Let s Talk Baseball

Hamilton attends my mom's church when he's back home in North Carolina and she's nuts about his story. Raved about him the whole time I was in NC last week.

Could the umps have blown more close calls last night? I don't think they got a single one of the close ones right.

Bumblebee/Padres puke/any black/sleeveless jerseys = all stupid. It's not a fashion show. And bring back the high socks and the stirrups, I say!

GO MORNEAU! GW run for the Twin. Love it.
You had me at Sex Traction Aunts Getting Vodka-Rogered On Glass Furniture