Little details from your day

A few weeks ago, a new guy called James started at my work. He's quite shy, and hadn't worked for 10 years previously. I've got to know him better, and he's a very nice guy.

He told me today that the reason for him not working for 10 years was because he had stomach cancer and had his stomach completely removed and replaced with bits of his intestines.

I have nothing but respect for him.
"Why stop now, just when I'm hating it?" - Marvin

tallchris wrote:Tbone: Congrats! What style EGC did you get? Since I got my EGC bass last month, I've barely wanted to play any of my other basses.

Sorry, I had a crazy busy weekend (full of fun) and am just now checking the forum. Didn't get a chance to take pics yet, but I got a totally custom model. It's shaped somewhat like an SG, actually closer to a Hagstrom HII-N, with a wood body and of course aluminum neck, but with a bit more meat than what Kevin usually puts on his necks. The neck is approximately telecaster-thickness. The finish on the body is a semi-transparent blue-gray, and it came out beautifully. Way more blue than gray, but I think that looks better anyway.

Rather than humbuckers like a real HII-N, I had Kevin put in single coils that are shaped like humbuckers. This was so that just in case I ever change my mind and want to put humbuckers in there, the holes are already in that shape. Plus I think the guitar looks cooler this way.

Standard gibson-styled tone/vol/3-way selector electronics.

I will have my first band practice since receiving the guitar tonight. Can't wait to put it through its paces in the band context. I did get to play through my rig, but not with the whole band yet. The sound so far has been pretty amazing. I'm actually kinda giddy about playing this guitar.

I leave for Los Angeles in 2 1/2 days... my apartment is trashed... there are records everywhere... i have to host bingo tonight, and friends are in town the rest of the week.

i'm mildly stressed and am wearing shit clothes (not literally) so i may pack my nice threads.

edit: i also sent my LA host a package and haven't heard thanks from her... hmmm.
Stephen Sowley
sowley@electrical.com
Capt. James T. Lunatic wrote:I Didn't Fight A Secret War In Nicaragua So You Could Walk These Streets Of Freedom Badmouthing Lady America, In Your Damn Mirrored Sunglasses

Oh. Oh, half-credit. Oh, dear, I shall go do nip-ups now.

Even acing the next few tests might not save my mangy ass. Even though I'm sure I aced this one.

Fuck it, it's not at all worth bitching about it here. Move on.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

last weekend i was at the the mall (macy's) buying pants and shirts for work. i hate malls but i haven't bought new work clothes in 4 years and i'm about due.

so anyway, i see all these people waiting in line for the new iphone 3G.

guess what i found out today? the iphone 3G "service" doesn't work yet in my area. at&t says it will by the end of the year.

hahahaha.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.

I flew into Chicago last from Cincinnati, flight delayed twice, bullshit weather, cab never showed up blah blah blah. Haven't been here since back in the day when I actually did music stuff for a living.

This week I'm in Oakbrook Terrace, going to a place that publishes an industry standard certification in the IT field as a Subject Matter Expert in IT security. What does that mean exactly? Well i'm in a conference room with 13 other people looking over hundreds and hundreds of questions and arguing about stuff. Kinda good times if you're a nerd. Downside, I didn't get a car for this trip, and there is NOTHING within walking distance of my hotel so I'm stuck eating shitty hotel food and playing on the interwebs..... I'm going to have plenty of time to look over the boards to find good stuff to do in chicago. Anybody wanna suggested good stuff to do in OakBrook Terrace?

::edited because i suck at typing and don't use spellcheck even though that handy button is right there and I know i really should click on it, after all it saves me from going back and reading my shit and wondering when in the hell i might learn to type.....shit::

LBx wrote:blah blah blah free money etc etc...

so, i read the letter wrong. seven grand plus another five from the province. $12000. OH ya!

burun wrote:
LBx wrote:hopefully chicks for free will be next...

This made me laugh so loud that my next-door neighbor was awoken from his slumber (if he slept in his bedroom like a normal person this stuff would never happen) and rang my doorbell to see if I was ok.

I didn't answer. I intend on making him think he imagined the whole thing, like it was exploding head syndrome.

i too am laughing. out loud. things is good...