King Crimson?

CRAP
Total votes: 11 (11%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 86 (89%)
Total votes: 97

Band: King Crimson

A hearty CRAP! Rigid, lifeless, masturbatory--unlistenable.

You know how music journalist types want to split rock enthusiasts along lines of dedication to either the Beatles or the Stones? I wonder if you could slice prog/nerd rockers along the lines of King Crimson or Rush. In my experience, there's a lot of crossover, but also a lot of favoritism. That said, I have absolutely no use for King Crimson (except for an Easy Money live version I can't deny), but have a smirky fondness for Rush.

Maybe this means something.
http://www.burningalphabet.com

I used to have a problem with Belew's singing but have grown to appreciate it. KC gave two of the greatest shows I've ever seen.

On the negative side of the ledger, John Wetton was in Asia and I just really can't tolerate that shit. Yes, it matters. Fuck Steve Howe for that too.

But, c'mon. The only loser in the bunch was Lizard and The ConstruKction of Light. WTF is King Crimson doing still existing without Buford? Electronic V drums? Jesus Christ.
Robert Anton Wilson wrote:The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental

King Crimson - Aug. 06, 2008 Chicago, Illinois Park West
King Crimson - Aug. 07, 2008 Chicago, Illinois Park West
King Crimson - Aug. 08, 2008 Chicago, Illinois Park West
King Crimson - Aug. 11, 2008 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Keswick Theatre
King Crimson - Aug. 12, 2008 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Keswick Theatre
King Crimson - Aug. 14, 2008 New York, New York Nokia Theatre
King Crimson - Aug. 15, 2008 New York, New York Nokia Theatre
King Crimson - Aug. 16, 2008 New York, New York Nokia Theatre
King Crimson - Aug. 17, 2008 New York, New York Nokia Theatre

Shit. They're not hitting Michigan at any point?

I want to see them at some point, almost exclusively just to say that I saw King Crimson.

The stories I have heard about Fripp's personality are hilarious.

Did I tell the bathroom story yet? I know I did somewhere on this forum.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Brett Eugene Ralph wrote:I've never really checked out this band, but that song in Children of Men sounded awesome.

I'll make you a deal: I will sendspace you a King Crimson album, and you sendspace me a Pink Fairies album. How does that sound?
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.