crap
Total votes: 2 (4%)
not crap
Total votes: 42 (81%)
it all depends on whether jarboe is on the record
Total votes: 8 (15%)
Total votes: 52

band: swans

i have not followed them after the first three or rour records. those records are awesome. i stopped listening when they started having acoustic guitars on the records.

in the mid-80s live they were awesome, in the true sense of the word. the crowd i was in was literally awe-struck. (greystone detroit, 86ish) after the first song ended, there was no applause, there was no talking, there was nothing. just sheer wonderment. people actually stood there with their mouths open, gawping. we were blown away. so was the PA. one of most memorable live music experiences I have ever had.

FILTH is a mindblow, but every single album that followed on its heels is very lame in some way. I guess it's because, when they started out, they had Roli Mossiman fucking up the drumkit and producing their sound. COP is just boring. The same three chords over and over again until you feel like pimp-slapping this douchebag for making such a hideous racket.
Gay People Rock

I went to the dude's birthday party a while ago. There was a cake with candles. Everybody sang happy birthday to him and he blew out the candles. Then somebody played Unknown Pleasures three times in a row.

Swans are not crap, but I'm not really on that kind of shit anymore.

GET DRUNK

GET DRUNK

BREATHE IN

HOLD IT IN

Whatever you say, chief. Hold it in. I got it.

Angels of Light is great.

NerblyBear wrote:FILTH is a mindblow, but every single album that followed on its heels is very lame in some way. I guess it's because, when they started out, they had Roli Mossiman fucking up the drumkit and producing their sound. COP is just boring. The same three chords over and over again until you feel like pimp-slapping this douchebag for making such a hideous racket.

Sorry, Nerbly, but I call massive bullshit. Cop is way better than Filth - it's far more intense, not as stupid ("Use hate for freedom!!" from "Power For Power" leaps to mind as an example of lyrical idiocy), the drum sound is UNBELIEVABLE (Nerbly, how could you), and the songs are pure evil.

"Half Life," "Clay Man," "Your Property," and "Cop" all crush anything on Filth - even "Stay Here" and "Thank You," which were two of the early band's greatest jams.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

i'm listening to The Great Annihilator at the moment and before was listening to Filth which i absolutely love...

it's like a really evil factory fabricating pain and slavery...

amazing slave ship drum beats...

not crap...no how no way...
lemur68 wrote:I've always said there are two ways to guarantee getting on the news:

1) Be found hoarding 80 animals in your home.

2) Drive through a storefront.

I'm 6/80ths the way to #1.