" Shitty Movie Night" -- Suggestions?

burun wrote:Have I (or anyone else) mentioned The Apple?

Oh man is this terrible.

bim marks!

friends of mine used to run a bad movie night, and the apple was one of many in the lineup. they even made a trailer:
http://cbse.magnify.net/item/YKJJH0QNX9XD83ZW
some probably mentioned already:
vampire's kiss
roadhouse
red dawn
hercules in new york

and some maybe not:
gymkata
mac and me
delivery boys
skatetown u.s.a.

Colonel Panic wrote:
andyman wrote:
simmo wrote:

My friends spent a significant part of last year watching this. It's... unique.

My favorite parts were the scenes on Mount Olympus. Zeus' lightning bolt was a piece of steel construction rebar bent into a zig-zag shape and spray-painted silver.

If you're going to see this one, make sure you get the version that keep Arnold's original dialog. My god... its amazing. You can barely understand him most of the time. He's also credited as "Arnold Strong" since he had just won Mr. Universe at that time.

I am an avid collector of shitty films. I love them. I'll recommend a few:

Kung-Fu Zombie (any absurd looking kung-fu films, really)
Devil Fish (aka Monster Shark)
Satan War (if you can find it)
Mac and Me
Microwave Massacre
Evil Spawn
The Deadly Spawn
http://www.myspace.com/wintersinosaka1
(Winters In Osaka)

One pedestrian, but funny crap movie:

Ghost Ship - This is one of those movies that's supposed to be scary but is actually really funny instead. Opening scene: 500 Italians getting sliced in half with a boat cable. It's awesome.

And a movie I want to see, which is legendarily incompetent, gauche, and so sidesplittingly awful that Lester Bangs described it this way (paraphrased): "In 500 years, anthropologists will find this movie and say, "This was trash!"

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?

It's supposed to be stunning.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.