Early 90s Inanimate Object Band Names

MrFood wrote: kinda ended up becoming a rod with which your non-rock-listening friends would beat you

Rod

Couch
Thumbnail
Firehose
Hovercraft
Pram

(OK some late 80s overlaps)

Shellac more properly belongs to the substance subset of noun bands, along with, eg., Lard, Sugar, Codeine, Chrome, Dolomite, Tar &c who themselves can be subdivided into organic and inorganic.

I'm always surprised how few (any?) rock / metal bands actually name themselves after specific minerals and metals.

I'm a big fan of (despite owning no records by or even the band existing) Yttrium, Zinc, Copper, Boron, Calcium

Early 90s Inanimate Object Band Names

falsedog wrote:
MrFood wrote: kinda ended up becoming a rod with which your non-rock-listening friends would beat you

Rod

Couch
Thumbnail
Firehose
Hovercraft
Pram

(OK some late 80s overlaps)

Shellac more properly belongs to the substance subset of noun bands, along with, eg., Lard, Sugar, Codeine, Chrome, Dolomite, Tar &c who themselves can be subdivided into organic and inorganic.

I'm always surprised how few (any?) rock / metal bands actually name themselves after specific minerals and metals.

I'm a big fan of (despite owning no records by or even the band existing) Yttrium, Zinc, Copper, Boron, Calcium

More properly, it's a fucking noun.
dude, where's my life?