What (the fuck) is your avatar?

Nina wrote:
Steve V. wrote:Read Watt by Samuel Beckett.

Securely cemented in my top five reads. So good.

Sadly neglected for reasons unknown to myself, is his short The Lost Ones.
60 (or so) pages of prose extraordinaire.

Steve V. wrote:Or just take a gander at the cover.

Neither copy I own has that jacket.

I love this drawing of him.

Salut
, Beckett!

If you like The Lost Ones, definitely seek out his later three novels, Company/Ill Seen Ill Said/Worstward Ho, collected as Nohow On: by Grove Press. Stark, sparse, brutal, clever. Excellent.

I just google image searched and found that it has that awful purple cover. Yuck.

I think I've at this point read Watt more than almost any other book. Sometimes I'll just think to myself about it for no reason. Just, thinkin' 'bout ol' Watt.

What (the fuck) is your avatar?

The New York Post is known for it's sensational headlines. That one is generally regarded as their most memorable. "RUDY: WE CAN KICK YOUR CITY'S ASS" was a good one too.

I once heard a guy on WFMU who was a former headline writer for the Post. They asked if he'd ever written one that he loved but was rejected. During his tenure there was a scare about leaky breast implants. He submitted, "WHEN BAD BOOBS GO BUST"
Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:In the 1988 season the Orioles lost their first 21 games to set a ML record for most consecutive losses. I decided then to have their logo as my avatar.

Rock-a-lock