Let s Talk Baseball

madlee wrote:
Christopher J. McGarvey wrote:
madlee wrote:
millions wrote:
madlee wrote:Here's a question for you two team cities...

So a Mets fan is to a White Sox fan as a Yankees fan is to a Cubs fan?

Think you mean:

So a Mets fan is to a Yankees fan as a Cubs fan is to a White Sox fan?

now I'm confused.
If I'm reading it correctly, he's saying the Yankees and White Sox are bullshit teams.
I hope I'm reading it correctly because it would be nice if someone agreed with me.

nah, the point was to indicate who the natives root for...

native chicagoans root for the sox.

native new yorkers root for the mets...at least any borne before 1980 and after 1955.

I have no idea about the Mets/Yankees.

As for Cubs/Sox, I'd wager it's more of a geographic/logistical thing. It would take me twice as long to get to a Sox game as it would to get to a Cubs game. Therefore, I attended about 3x as many Cubs games and became a Cubs fan.

Let s Talk Baseball

madlee wrote:
millions wrote:
madlee wrote:Here's a question for you two team cities...

So a Mets fan is to a White Sox fan as a Yankees fan is to a Cubs fan?

Think you mean:

So a Mets fan is to a Yankees fan as a Cubs fan is to a White Sox fan?

now I'm confused.
If I'm reading it correctly, he's saying the Yankees and White Sox are bullshit teams.
I hope I'm reading it correctly because it would be nice if someone agreed with me.

Sorry, no. I'm a White Sox fan, and I don't have a big problem with the Yankees either, despite a supposed rivalry and the Yankees being a team people love to hate. I was just saying that I think the analogy makes sense if it goes Mets fan:Yankees fan as Cubs fan:White Sox fan. If I'm correct, the original phrasing (Mets fan: White Sox fan as Yankees fan: Cubs fan) suggests that there is relationship between Mets fans and White Sox fans that is analogous to the relationship between Yankees Fans and Cubs fans--I don't think that there is.

Let s Talk Baseball

millions wrote:I'm a White Sox fan, and I don't have a big problem with the Yankees either...
... so you don't actually like baseball?

The only sport I follow with interest. Quentin and Ramirez making this an especially fun year for the fans. How are things in Baltimore?

Let s Talk Baseball

millions wrote:
millions wrote:I'm a White Sox fan, and I don't have a big problem with the Yankees either...

The only sport I follow with interest. Quentin and Ramirez making this an especially fun year for the fans. How are things in Baltimore?

As we speak, the Orioles are shutting out the Yankees 11-0 in the sixth.
music

offal wrote:Holy shit.

Kerble was wrong.

This certainly changes things.

Let s Talk Baseball

millions wrote:

Business as usual.
Their record is 49-55.
They only have one starting pitcher, but the bullpen is pretty good this season.
Yankee and Red Sox fans still outnumber O's fans at Oriole Park.
They are currently beating the Yankees 11-0 going into the 7th inning.

fuck pinstripes
pwalshj wrote:I have offered you sausage.
Rift Canyon Dreams