Craigslist and Ebay Bragging Thread

Adam I wrote:My new amp just came from the Best Ebayer Ever.

Not only did the Best Ebayer Ever charge a very reasonable £175 for this excellent Carlsbro valve combo from 1974, but he also threw in schematics and enough snazzy, flecked brown tolex to recover the entire thing, once I tire of the vinyl.

He also delivered the amp to my door.

Best. Ebayer. Ever.

That looks lovely. It's great when ebay people turn out to not be raving lunatics but nice, proper people.

Did I mention that amp looks nice? Also: Carlsbro coloured knobs rock. That's right, I said knob rock.

otisroom wrote:
m.koren wrote:Rackmountable Alesis Midiverb 2 for $50. No power supply, but I've already ordered one for an additional $28.

I really like the modulation effects on these boxes. Good deal.

Uh, if it works.
Marsupialized wrote:The last time I saw her, she had some Jewish bullshit going on

ubercat wrote:You're fucking cock-tease aren't you, you little minx.

The thing I love about the Memory Man is that they can be fairly unpredictable. You either drop to one knee, start spinning knobs and a flood of twisted Butthole Surfer-esque noise cascades out of your amp, OR it makes a strangled squeal and falls completely silent, leaving you kneeling onstage while your drummer and bassist continue to play and smirk at you.

Once that's happened to you it leaves quite a memory, man.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE

dontfeartheringo wrote:The thing I love about the Memory Man is that they can be fairly unpredictable. You either drop to one knee, start spinning knobs and a flood of twisted Butthole Surfer-esque noise cascades out of your amp, OR it makes a strangled squeal and falls completely silent, leaving you kneeling onstage while your drummer and bassist continue to play and smirk at you.

I HATE THE DAMN THINGS!!
IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME, THEN DON'T READ MY FUCKING POSTS!

dontfeartheringo wrote:The thing I love about the Memory Man is that they can be fairly unpredictable. You either drop to one knee, start spinning knobs and a flood of twisted Butthole Surfer-esque noise cascades out of your amp, OR it makes a strangled squeal and falls completely silent, leaving you kneeling onstage while your drummer and bassist continue to play and smirk at you.

That's a good one, man.