WOW....this is the best news I have ever heard

Red Square wrote:wow, you guys are really that psyched about this album?

is this a 'liking it ironically' thing or an actual 'liking it' thing?

As this board is chock-full of old-Metallica fans who think new-Metallica is as bad as Limp Bizkit (myself included), I'd say it's a little from column A, a little from column B. Probably hoping deep down that it's good, while being resigned to the likelihood of it being garbage.

I hope "The End of the Line" is a Traveling Wilburys cover. And that the Wilburys reform with James and Ronnie James replacing Roy and George.
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

WOW....this is the best news I have ever heard

you guys really can't make sense out of the name? even with the cover being a coffin with magnetic field lines drawn around?

i'm not in the band, so I can't say with certainty, but it seems pretty obvious that it's about the attractive properties of death, about how one's lifestyle and deathstyle can be like, one foot in the grave, drinking hard, driving fast, just being "metal" in general. that suicide song title too, probably about how Jaymz was living a life of self-destruction and passive-aggressively killing himself, and it was like, he was already dead and stuff. attracted to destruction. shirts with skulls drawn by Pushead and stuff.

etc?
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album