Musicals

Crap
Total votes: 15 (47%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 17 (53%)
Total votes: 32

Performance: The Musical

The Jaques Demy musicals are great.

A lot of the Hollywood musicals from the 30s, 40s, and 50s are good as well. Anything directed by Vincent Minnelli, Stanley Donen, or Busby Berkley is usually pretty good.

Once you get into the musicals Hollywood made from the 60s on, fuck it. Ruined the genre. The "roadshows" are terrible: over long, poorly directed and acted, and the integration of the songs are really bad. Most of these started off as stage musicals, so maybe it's theater's fault.

CRAP on a whole though.
Pure L wrote:I get shocked whenever I use my table saw while barefooted.

I Made Out With You Before You Were Cool
Don't Sit On The Pickets

Musicals that don't suck - "Marat/Sade",
"Avenue Q", "Little Shop of Horrors"

All else, including the dreadful "Enchanted"...CRAP

EDIT: I forgot about "Cannibal - The Musical". That was a decent musical.
Last edited by fancyjamtime_Archive on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Anton Wilson wrote:The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental

tommydski wrote:Special level of Hell: Any TV show ever that does a 'musical episode'.

Seriously: FUCK OFF.

FUCK OFF AND DIE IN A FIRE.

Worst offender of this: TAXI

Goddamnitalltohell. The Broadway fantasy episode made me go insane for an entire day. I hit people, ate inedible things, crossdressed...
Robert Anton Wilson wrote:The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental

First off, I thought for a second that this thread was announcing that this was being made into a musical.

Second, I'm not a big fan of musicals. Some are a little better than others, but beyond "The Blues Brothers", I can't think of any that I just plain like. So I'll say crap. I just don't get them.
davesec wrote:the animal world tried desperately, time and again, to kill this man.