recording 8 tracks simultaneously

celluloid hero wrote:the eq is 4-band, nick.

the green row is FLB/foldback, and the blue row is for effects.

i'll check if it has aux when i can, i didn't think of that and 6 tracks at a time is just what i need. sorry i made the thread title slightly misleading.

chuckles, i mean to do the first option, 2 mics on the same cab. i was gonna pan one left and one right but it's looking like it might not be an option. you said 1 for guitar, 1 for bass and 2 for drums but i really want 3 for drums. maybe i can mix the snare in with one of the overheads, if i get really desperate...

anyway, you guys are really helpful, it's great. i'll bump this thread back up when i have a chance to look at the mixer again. thanks so much for all the responses so far.

In addition to the insert trick that skatingbasser mentioned, "foldback" and "effect" are usually two additional busses, so you can use the outputs from them to send additional mixes to the recorder. But for sending an eight channel mixer to eight tracks, using the inserts is probably the easiest way to do it.
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt

recording 8 tracks simultaneously

Mr. Hero,

I have what is sort of a manual for the M-208. It's like an overview and list of instructions typed up by a teacher as supplemental materials for a class. I found it on the internet years ago. I cannot find it on the internet now. I do have a print-out of it somewhere. I'll try to dig it up at home tonight. If I find it, I'll PM you.

I don't use my 208 for much more than controlling my monitor levels but as I recall the document I mentioned has some useful info in it.

Good suggestions from everyone else. Thanks!