Living in New York

Marlowe wrote:A friend of mine lives there. It's less expensive than other areas but it's ugly and nasty. The 7 train is like a third world nightmare... Hyper-aggressive Chinese and South American people with no concept of courtesy crushing into that horrible train.

I rode that fucking train WAY too many times.

boo-hoo

first off, woodside isn't that cheap. secondly, there's a lot of cool stuff over there. a lot of culture you can't find anywhere closer in nyc. third, riding the 7 train gives you a view of some of the best graffiti you'll ever see- that is if you can stand sitting next to a SOUTH AMERICAN

to the original poster, yes, check out craigslist. if i were someone moving to nyc for the first time, i would recommend looking in harlem on the west side for a place for cheap. it's relatively safe, very cheap, and very accessable.

Living in New York

Please.

1) Who said cheap? However, compared to Manhattan, Woodside certainly is less expensive.

2) If you are into the culture of obnoxious people attempting to push into a packed train with both arms and their full weight then I see why you enjoy the 7 train. Your cute implication that I am racist shows me that you are full of shit. The black, South-Asian and white folks (and other Latinos) don't engage in that extreme pushing shit. In fact, I've never seen a male do it. It's only females that do it. Am I a male chauvinist too, fuckhead?

3) Your graffiti standards are low.

-M

sixteenrev wrote:first off, woodside isn't that cheap. secondly, there's a lot of cool stuff over there. a lot of culture you can't find anywhere closer in nyc. third, riding the 7 train gives you a view of some of the best graffiti you'll ever see- that is if you can stand sitting next to a SOUTH AMERICAN.

Living in New York

Marlowe wrote:2) If you are into the culture of obnoxious people attempting to push into a packed train with both arms and their full weight then I see why you enjoy the 7 train. Your cute implication that I am racist shows me that you are full of shit. The black, South-Asian and white folks (and other Latinos) don't engage in that extreme pushing shit. In fact, I've never seen a male do it. It's only females that do it. Am I a male chauvinist too, fuckhead?

nah, i was implying that you're a pussy.....................apparently it doesn't take much to upset you.

Marlowe wrote:3) Your graffiti standards are low.

...as i said

Living in New York

annnyway - yes, woodside is cheaper than manhattan... what i meant to say was, of places near manhattan it's not particularly cheaper. it's in the same ballpark as greenpoint, long island city, astoria, parts of williamsburg, etc.. they're all nice in their own way-- and they all have their own annoyances.