SHELLAC IN PLAYING RATHER GOOD GIG IN UK NEWS...

steve wrote:
holmes wrote:steves 500 sounds worse now that he has changed the pick ups. sounds generic with less clarity. oh well. the only option really would be to bring his black 500 on the road really.

The brass-covered pickups were weaker, and the brass cover wasn't any more resistant to the metal pick wear than the plastic covers, so I recently swapped them out. The 500 now sports a new set of milled aluminum pickups that sound fantastic.

I will be bringing the Electrical as a backup though.

Just curious. Do you carry that thing with you when your on tour? Every where you go? Or do you leave it in a truck every night like Mike Watt's 1963 EB-3?

SHELLAC IN PLAYING RATHER GOOD GIG IN UK NEWS...

steve wrote:
holmes wrote:steves 500 sounds worse now that he has changed the pick ups. sounds generic with less clarity. oh well. the only option really would be to bring his black 500 on the road really.

The brass-covered pickups were weaker, and the brass cover wasn't any more resistant to the metal pick wear than the plastic covers, so I recently swapped them out. The 500 now sports a new set of milled aluminum pickups that sound fantastic.

I will be bringing the Electrical as a backup though.

sweet.
a sense of history